jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)

What would you do if you were given 1 million dollars?

1. samtenabray profile image61
    samtenabrayposted 6 years ago

What would you do if you were given 1 million dollars?

2. marriedwithdebt profile image75
    marriedwithdebtposted 6 years ago

1. Set aside enough for taxes
    2. Pay off house
    3. Set aside $ for 2 kids' college
    4. Quit my job to focus on freelance and my personal finance blog
    5. Invest what is left

3. profile image48
    fxfrogposted 6 years ago

Pay off my house
    Start a business
    Buy a car

4. ezweb profile image60
    ezwebposted 6 years ago

1 - Buy a New Car
    2 - Renovate my House
    3 - World Tour

5. Seeker7 profile image96
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

I'd start by breaking open a really expensive bottle of champagne and celebrating! I would then get the best money advisor on the planet and make this money work for me and my family so that we would always have enough, not to have to work, and be comfortable. The younger ones would also have enough to see them through college and/or university without the hassle of student loans if that's what they wanted.

6. wanderlust65 profile image70
    wanderlust65posted 6 years ago

The first thing I would do is to say thank you Up There, then make a list of priorities, from top to bottom. That's where the money goes...

7. girlgonestrong profile image61
    girlgonestrongposted 6 years ago

I'd buy a nice farm with quality pasture.  I'd love to raise cattle and sheep.  I also have a strong fear that we're going to see the collapse of society as we know it.  I also believe that there will be a universal "call" from all people groups to "band together" with the result being the rise of a one-world government.

I think that the transition time period is going to be very bad though and I'd like to not have to rely on a grocery store for my food.

8. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Get a good accountant, pay my taxes first, then pay off my house and make arrangements to have good health insurance for the rest of my life.

And ....maybe little remodeling :-)

9. flashmakeit profile image71
    flashmakeitposted 6 years ago

I guess I would pay all the taxes that would be owed on the one million then I would.
    ! Pay for every thing I owe on.
    2. Go to college
    3. open an entertainment center with some odd character in it. and hire some one to make my website dramatic
    $. hide from some of my friends
    4. buy me the best computer
    5. give about 10 thousand to charity

10. Jason Matthews profile image93
    Jason Matthewsposted 6 years ago

I would:

- Give 50% right off
    - I would save or invest 40% (this would be for a future house, kid's college, retirement, etc...)
    - I would use 5% to pay off all student loans
    - Finally, I would use the remaining 5% just to spend on things I enjoy such as travel, a hobby, car upgrades/maintenance, etc...

11. bruzzbuzz profile image60
    bruzzbuzzposted 6 years ago

I suppose that I would probably immediately invest a large part of the million dollars if someone gave it to me. Before investing it, I would open a small business that would be a perfect place for my disabled son to work after he graduates from high school. It is important that he has a place that he can be productive in and i think a family business would be the best way to ensure that.

12. cicsomum profile image60
    cicsomumposted 6 years ago

I’d donated 800 000 for homeless kids, would’ve spent 100 000 to make sure my money reaches destination. And… I would have kept 100k for myself smile

13. profile image60
    Albe de Klerkposted 13 months ago

I will build a house for me and my family,get a car.

working