jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Are you willing to shop resale or secondhand?

1. BeYOUtifuLife profile image77
    BeYOUtifuLifeposted 6 years ago

Are you willing to shop resale or secondhand?

Why or why not?

2. Stephanie Henkel profile image96
    Stephanie Henkelposted 6 years ago

Absolutely! This is a wonderful way to get bargains. I love thrift stores, Craigs List and yard sales both for buying and selling!

3. theclevercat profile image95
    theclevercatposted 6 years ago

Oh, definitely!  You can get some fabulous bargains on items that you many never have been able to afford had they not been secondhand.  I once picked up a gorgeous silvery blue cocktail dress at a gigantic thrift place in Brooklyn for twelve measly bucks.  Just be sure to clean whatever you buy very well.

4. arusho profile image59
    arushoposted 6 years ago

Yes!  Although, I never used to.  I've been shopping at Value Village for about the last couple of years and was so impressed with the clothes I found that I keep going back.  My daughter enjoys going there too, because she can get a bag of little stuffed animals for like $2!  I've found gently used clothing, that fits great, and also they are already softened since they have been used.  I will definitely keep shopping there!

5. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Absolutely. I think you can find all kinds of treasures in someone else's things that they no longer need.

6. Sarah Bolluyt profile image59
    Sarah Bolluytposted 6 years ago

Definitely!  For clothes, secondhand stores are a great place to find unusual or high-quality clothing for good prices.  I am indifferent to trends; I wear what I like, and I need to look professional most of the time; second hand stores are a great way to find quality dress clothes for prices far more affordable than most retail clothing stores.

7. Victoria Lynn profile image91
    Victoria Lynnposted 6 years ago

Definitely--thrift stores, used clothing stores, flea markets, yard sales--love them! I rarely shop at regular stores. If I do, I go straight to the sale racks. I don't buy anything for full price (except maybe at Wal-Mart!). Why pay full price when you can get good, quality items at a fraction of the cost?