jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (17 posts)

How would you spend $1000?

1. starstream profile image77
    starstreamposted 6 years ago

How would you spend $1000?

2. Mary Efron profile image76
    Mary Efronposted 6 years ago

If I had to spent it, probably would buy new carpeting for my living room.  Otherwise, I'd save half for taxes and put the rest in the bank.  I know, boring.

3. Jynzly profile image73
    Jynzlyposted 6 years ago

I will buy a complete set of painting materials: canvas and the stand, 84 types of painting brushes, oil painting paraphernalia including turpentine,  charcoal, drawing papers, lots of colors; buy myself a new digitel cam, and the rest, if anything left, I will use to travel here and there to take pictures for my material in my hubs. To sum it all; I will use my money for something I love to do such as painting, travel for a purpose of research and other hobbies.

starstreamposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your answer Jynzly.   I love the arts and know that there needs to be some money budgeted for travel too.

4. Ms Dee profile image88
    Ms Deeposted 6 years ago

Buy my own computer, as I don't own the one I use.

5. Tamilarasan123 profile image37
    Tamilarasan123posted 6 years ago

i will spend it for my education and others education because money is not a constant thing and education is a constant thing...

any one agree with me...

6. cheaptoys profile image59
    cheaptoysposted 6 years ago

I think most people would have got $1000 so the question should be what you should do with 1 million! With 1k I probably would save it or invest it

7. THEHuG5 profile image60
    THEHuG5posted 6 years ago

I wouldn't spend it I'd save it. $1000 is either too little for the things that I need or too much. If I had to spend it I'd probably buy a bunch of electronic gadgets.

8. Chuck profile image90
    Chuckposted 6 years ago

As I was about to compose my answer to this, my wife came over to say good by before leaving for work and saw the question. 

Her immediate response was:  "Well I know how I would spend $1,000.  We would go back to the Gem Show".

Tucson, where we live, has an huge Gem Show from January through March each year which we make a point of visiting.  My wife spends a few dollars on beads and stones to make a few new pieces of jewelry for herself, but most of our time is spent with her window shopping.  With $1,000 she could do more buying and a little less window shopping.

starstreamposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I enjoyed reading your answer to this question.  That choice could provide a large assortment of creative materials for her art work.  The  shows are very popular in N. California and provide a large assortment of beads and stones.

9. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

buy tools maybe. that's not much money so i can't really look at it as something worth thinking about.

10. Bravo Lelouch profile image58
    Bravo Lelouchposted 6 years ago

Deposit in a bank for future use. That's the best i can think of. Lol..!!

11. seojoint profile image61
    seojointposted 6 years ago

Right now 14th Feb sad No doubt gonna buy something for my sweetheart..

12. Blond Logic profile image98
    Blond Logicposted 6 years ago

I would buy a new lens for my husband's camera. He has had his eye on it for quite awhile and has been putting off buying it.

13. Justin Muir profile image91
    Justin Muirposted 6 years ago

I'd buy some strange unnecessary piece of technology, maybe like a sonar gun.

14. profile image55
    wim99posted 6 years ago

I would cruise by the dollar stores, study the alternatives as to make proper buying decisions, then buy anything and everything that we need in our home, one dollar at a time!  Thankfully

15. Dale Hyde profile image83
    Dale Hydeposted 6 years ago

At this point in my life, I reckon the car would get the biggest share. It always seems to like to chomp up any extra cash I manage to accumulate.  I think cars are psychic or something, lol.