jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why aren't my Adsense ads working?

1. xrocker30 profile image75
    xrocker30posted 6 years ago

Why aren't my Adsense ads working?

Over the last 3 months I've had about 500 page views, and not one ad has been clicked.  I know that Hubpages takes half of them, but I still should get some from that many views.  Anyone know why I'm not earning anything?

2. mynameisnotpaul profile image70
    mynameisnotpaulposted 6 years ago

I have received 22,000 page views in two years, and have not even broken the $100 payment threshold one time for AdSense. Tell me that isn't screwed up.

3. xrocker30 profile image75
    xrocker30posted 6 years ago

@mynameisnotpaul  Wow that puts things into a larger perspective.  Anyone else have anything to say about this?  I don't know if I really trust Google anymore.

4. T. R. Brown profile image77
    T. R. Brownposted 6 years ago

I have a couple of web pages that gross around $150/month in adsense revenue so I have a bit of experience in building a decent click through rate.  The single biggest thing you can do is build traffic that is contextually appropriate to your article.  If you work to link back to your article through outside sources by, for example, commenting in blogs and discussion board that are similar to your chosen topic you are more likely to  build traffic that will more closely match the ads that Google feeds to your page. 

Further, as you begin to build click through rates for a given article, the adsense algorithm will become more relevant in terms of the ads it feeds.  It is a slow process, but over time, it will begin to work for you.  Hope this helps a bit.

5. LHwritings profile image85
    LHwritingsposted 6 years ago

I'd generally agree with TR Brown on this — taking measures to improve your traffic via Google (and other search engines) will help. This includes raising your pages' SEO — but the frenzy now to do this has become a disease, and I'd avoid getting too carried away on this.

Pick out a keyword phrase that captures well the basic theme of your webpage, and which can also be smoothly and appropriately blended into perhaps 2-3 sentences in the content. But avoid phrases like "SEO capture" which make you contort much of your content trying to implement SEO capture by using a phrase designed for SEO capture but doesn't succeed so well in the basic SEO capture strategy of SEO capture (see what I mean?).

Also, I tend to believe that "more" is definitely better when it comes to webpages — the more good, interesting, well-produced Hub articles on the Web, the greater the chance that someone will find your pages in searches and eventually will click on an ad — IF your ads are relevant to your content.

working