jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What are some frugal ways to de-clutter and store things?

1. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 6 years ago

What are some frugal ways to de-clutter and store things?

We live in an old home that unfortunately lacks any real closet space.  I have a lot of shelves, but that starts to look cluttered after awhile.  What are some frugal and fun ways to create storage for people in small homes or in homes like mine with no built in storage? How to keep from looking cluttered?

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Under bed boxes are nice for some toys and other clutter.  Also baskets on the shelves looks much neater than having things setting out.  I love the way baskets look.

A really inexpensive thing is to buy banker's boxes and contact paper for the kids to decorate for some of their items - but it doesn't look "high end"  LOL but it works.

I like to use inexpensive 3 ring notebook for kids art, papers etc.  They come home from school, you can check out the papers, 3 hole punch them and stick in the notebook and then glean things out every few weeks.  If the artwork is oversized you can scan it and put a facsimile in the notebook, fold the artwork in quarters and tuck in a manilla envelope that you have 3 hole punched and put in the notebook.

3. golfcart34 profile image73
    golfcart34posted 6 years ago

I have ADHD and organization is usually a huge struggle for me. What works for me is open baskets to just throw stuff in. They not only look nice but I actually use them for their intended purposes as well!

4. randomcreative profile image92
    randomcreativeposted 6 years ago

Creating functional storage for a small home is simple when you're equipped with the right organizational tools.  Pick up purchasing resources, general organization tips, and much more. read more

working