jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

What do apartments go for in your areas?

1. Catzgendron profile image75
    Catzgendronposted 6 years ago

What do apartments go for in your areas?

2. Hound Cat profile image59
    Hound Catposted 6 years ago

You can rent a nice one bedroom in my area for around $800 to $900 per month.  Many have move in specials that will lower your rent for the first six months.  Another goodie I have seen is a reduced move in deposit.

3. profile image73
    ElleBeeposted 6 years ago

I am from MA and rents here can fluctuate a LOT from town to town or metro area to metro area.  In the smaller, towns of both Western and Centrall MA I will sometimes see one bedrooms for around $500 or 2-bedrooms around $650-800.  Sometimes out in Berkshire County, I have seen places advertised as low as 300 or 400 for one bedrooms.  In mid-sized cities like Springfield and Worcester you are looking a little higher than that, and you'll at least double if you go into Boston or the surrounding.  If you wanted to live right in Boston I think you're probably looking at least around $1000/month.  Of course in any of these places, you can sometimes find better deals if you look around enough.  I always check out craigslist!

1. profile image73
      ElleBeeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Don't know where I came up with the 1000 number for Boston, definitely looking higher for a 1br in boston proper.