jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Has anyone ever won money off of scratch lottery tickets?

1. skinsman82000 profile image84
    skinsman82000posted 5 years ago

Has anyone ever won money off of scratch lottery tickets?

More than a dollar or two...

2. Stendel profile image60
    Stendelposted 5 years ago

yes about 7 years back i scratched a one dollar lottery ticket that was an anniversary edition and won ten thousand dollars. Never happened again though.

3. peachwithasmile profile image70
    peachwithasmileposted 5 years ago

I have I used to played the bingo tickets and have won close to 30.  When they had slingo tickets I won 50 on one.  Then a friend and I paid half and half on one and ending up winning 24.

4. Hypersapien profile image35
    Hypersapienposted 5 years ago

Yes, I've won a couple of hundred bucks several times (the most I think was something like $280).  A few years back, I switched away from buying lottery tickets and started focusing on scratch-offs - mostly because the odds were a lot better.  Moreover, the high-dollar scratch-offs ($10 and over) always seemed to have the best odds, usually something like a 1-in-3 chance of winning.  Anyway, with my first purchase - a $20 scratch-off - I won $100.  So now that's about all I play, but it's certainly not an everyday thing; it's more like once every two weeks, and I basically subsidize my lotto playing by going an extra week or two without getting a haircut.  (Hey, the money has to come from somewhere...)

5. Express10 profile image87
    Express10posted 5 years ago

The most I've won on a scratch lottery ticket was $100.

6. Bedbugabscond profile image98
    Bedbugabscondposted 5 years ago

On two separate occasions I won $500 on $10 dollar lottery tickets. Outside of that, I have only one a few dollars here and there.

7. vbonilla117 profile image61
    vbonilla117posted 5 years ago

Every time I do one of those scratch offs (about every week) I always win no less than $20 ! smile

1. skinsman82000 profile image84
      skinsman82000posted 5 years agoin reply to this

congrats to you and everyone else, ha.  I got a bunch of maryland scratch offs in christmas cards for 3 years straight.  Grand total:  $2 (or 66.666 cents a year!)  Not that I spent money on them to begin with.