jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

If You Won A Billion Dollar Lottery What Would You Do?

1. PhoenixV profile image78
    PhoenixVposted 22 months ago

If You Won A Billion Dollar Lottery What Would You Do?

2. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 22 months ago

Buy a congressman or 3? not really.  I would set up a foundation of some sort to help the working poor however.  The one's who can't make it on what they earn, but make too much for any govt. assistance programs.  These are the people that often stay trapped due to lack of opportunity, so I would do something to help the under-served get better paying job skills/experience. 

I'd also travel, buy my dream home somewhere by the beach and dedicate myself full time to exploring the world and being an artist.

1. Annsalo profile image85
      Annsaloposted 22 months agoin reply to this

Great idea. The lower middle class is often stuck between a rock and a hard place! Too much money for any assistance, too little money to get ahead!

3. LoisRyan13903 profile image82
    LoisRyan13903posted 22 months ago

First I would pay off all my bills which is only a tiny fraction and quit my job.  I would get two houses.  One would be a beach house for the winter months and the other would be a cottage on Lake Ontario or Erie for the Spring and Summer and early fall.

There would be places I would donate to such as:

My Church
    The American Legion
    American Cancer Society
    American Diabetes Association
    American Heart Association
    American Autism Association

Plus I cannot forget family and friends

I would still continue to write but would offer my books as free reads

1. LoisRyan13903 profile image82
      LoisRyan13903posted 21 months agoin reply to this

Thank you for selecting my answer.

4. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 22 months ago

I'd do anything I wanted... for as long as I wanted...

5. profile image0
    Cissy1946posted 22 months ago

Probably have another heart attack--and this time die...

6. Annsalo profile image85
    Annsaloposted 22 months ago

First I'd add to my children's college funds. Then I'd buy 2 homes, one at the beach where I am from and one on my favorite lake. Buy a gently used but new year Jeep Renegade. Buy my husband a new truck. Buy a gently used Pontoon boat. Then completely update all my fishing gear.
    Once I had all that taken care of I would buy probably 10 investment tax sale properties and set up a charity for aging out foster children who have no family.

7. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 22 months ago

What a real interesting thought exercise. First, I would enter therapy. I will need it because reality definitely will change for me and those within my inner circle. Wow!!!! A lot of responsibility. One could get lost easily if thought is given for the step-by-step of it all.

That said the big picture is I would assure siblings and their families I am sharing. Very, very close friends too within my inner circle. But, I would give deep thought how and how much. For instance lump sums contrast trusts. See what I mean by thinking about the steps by steps. Jumping ahead . .

Once all the fine points are out of the way I would go racing as a ProStock team owner with the National Hot Rod Association. I would work with them and have my own sportsman class car. We all would race at year long national events.

In between are those fine points like setting up trusts, investing, and donating to charities. Sounds like a lot of work to me said with a smile.

8. Rosalia Dimare profile image61
    Rosalia Dimareposted 20 months ago

I would hire a business advisor to help me decide how much of the money I should put into savings.  A business advisor might be able to inform me as to how I can make that money stretch or even work for me.  Can I make more money by investing in the stock market?  Is investing or depositing money into a bank something I should consider?  While leaving plenty of money to spend from my lottery winnings I would be sure to set aside the right amount for both long and short term savings.

working