jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is there a difference between being a survivalist or living a frugal life?

1. tlpoague profile image86
    tlpoagueposted 6 years ago

Is there a difference between being a survivalist or living a frugal life?

Do you think there is a difference between the two? Why or why not?

2. oceansnsunsets profile image88
    oceansnsunsetsposted 6 years ago

That is a good question!  I think that when you are living in "survivalist" mode, you might automatically be living a frugal lifestyle by default.  It is just part of it.  However, the same might not necessarily be true for the "frugal" person.  Many people that are doing just fine in life financially speaking, are also very frugal.   It might be part of the reason why they are doing so good financially. 

So, I think there is a small difference for those reasons.  If a person has ever had to survive, they will surely know how to be frugal.  I can remember my mother saying once, "I remember being amazed at how little one can live on, when you need to."  That is so true I think.

3. ptosis profile image72
    ptosisposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6422325_f260.jpg

I think we all have to be frugal to survive.

4. daisyflowrs profile image58
    daisyflowrsposted 6 years ago

In my opinion, one has a choice of being frugal. For example, my grandmother was in her early 20's during the Great Depression. She had to be frugal to survive. However, years later, she became very wealthy. She chose to remain frugal. She became a survivalist in her late 90's, she had no choice. I think I need a nap.

working