jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (12 posts)

If someone gave you $100, would you spend it or save it?

1. twinstimes2 profile image81
    twinstimes2posted 5 years ago

If someone gave you $100, would you spend it or save it?

2. emdi profile image73
    emdiposted 5 years ago

If some one give me $100, I would think of giving it to you. :-)

3. amithak50 profile image60
    amithak50posted 5 years ago

It depends on situation ..Sometimes $100 can be a life saviour but sometimes you don't have much importance of it ..

1. Marci Rivera profile image58
      Marci Riveraposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I would agree that it would have to depend on the situation. If I have every need to spend it, I would. Otherwise, I'll save it.

4. sgbrown profile image95
    sgbrownposted 5 years ago

It's spring! I have to say that I would spend it. That $100. dollar bill would come with me to "The Garden Station", where I buy all my flowers, and I would come home with enough flowers to be able to spend all day planting them in  my  flower beds. Just telling the truth!  smile

5. hender profile image38
    henderposted 5 years ago

Most Americans would of course spend it.  I would save it!  $100 can go a long, long way in producing long-term returns.  Read a few of my hubs if you don't know just how far it could go, as I discuss compounding interest and age effects in great detail.

6. Insane Mundane profile image60
    Insane Mundaneposted 5 years ago

Ha!  That 100 dollars would absorb back into the economy about as quick as a little sugar in a big pot of boiling water.

7. cheaptoys profile image61
    cheaptoysposted 5 years ago

i would save every dollar i get hehe smile but of course why did he give the money to you?

8. LaThing profile image75
    LaThingposted 5 years ago

I will be a typical American and spend that $100 as soon as I get it...... It's called helping the economy! That's how I look at it..... smile

9. twinstimes2 profile image81
    twinstimes2posted 5 years ago

I am enjoying your comments. Thanks for those who have decided just to give it to me! It is interesting to see if you deem it too small to make a difference, perfect enough to spend quickly or if you just chose to save!

10. smartincome profile image76
    smartincomeposted 5 years ago

If someone gave me $100, I would save it. Save it and then spend it if its necessary.

11. Cherrietgee profile image77
    Cherrietgeeposted 5 years ago

I would actually do a little bit of both. I'm developing the habit of saving a little bit of money out of everything I receive, so I wouldn't want to mess that up.