jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How diligent are you with your personal accounting?

1. breathe2travel profile image78
    breathe2travelposted 5 years ago

How diligent are you with your personal accounting?

How often do you add debits and credits to personal bank ledger?  I try to enter each debit the day I make them, as well as any credits.  Do you do it daily, weekly, monthly or never?

2. SidKemp profile image95
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

I used to be very diligent, and I believe that is quite valuable. I did full home bookkeeping in a software program. However, I fell ill a few years ago and fell out of the habit, too. I'm trying to get caught up and plan to do it again. A great book on the value of tracking our money is "Your Money or Your Life," by Joe Dominguez.

3. sayus2884 profile image57
    sayus2884posted 5 years ago

Well, I did have basic accountancy when I was in high school and I was a bit good at it. In particular, I was diligent at bookkeeping in a game called puzzle pirates. It was fun but it was years ago.

4. profile image52
    sqlbenposted 5 years ago

Well I am very diligent. I know paper and pen can get messy so I use Boachsoft Finance 2012. It is very easy. I manage my accounts almost on a daily basis. I also have a cash account aside my bank accounts. Are you using software. You could download one http://personal-finance-software.boachsoft.com

working