jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

If you have used a broker, and online stocking trading sites, which would you re

1. LaThing profile image72
    LaThingposted 5 years ago

If you have used a broker, and online stocking trading sites, which would you recommend for trading?

2. Mark C Middleton profile image62
    Mark C Middletonposted 5 years ago

I would recommend Scottrade. They have no account fees and a flat fee of $7 per trade and they do have offices that you can visit and brokers that you can speak with. This is great for a person that makes their own investment decisions. A regular brokerage like Merrill Lynch has much higher trading fees.  But if you are not making your own investment decisions, you probably need someone like a Merrill Lynch.  I have three Scottrade accounts and have no other affiliation with any brokerage, online or or sticks and bricks.

3. LandmarkWealth profile image79
    LandmarkWealthposted 5 years ago

I would use TD Ameritrade.  They don't have the bias in their research of a fund company like Fidelity.  Scottrade is very cost effective but they don't do some very basic simple things like dividend reinvestment.

4. profile image0
    usedbuckettrucksposted 5 years ago

I have a Series 7 license so I do my own trading. If you study hard, I suggest trading online. It also depends on your strategy. If you are looking for a low risk, long-term hold I'd suggest going through a broker. If you plan on doing frequent trades, I'd go the online route as the fees are usually cheaper.

If you're interested in getting a Series 7 license, I'd check out http://www.abtrainingcenter.com/Series7.asp

working