jump to last post 1-20 of 20 discussions (28 posts)

RESOLVED: Edit button on Hubs brings up a blank screen

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image94
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 4 years ago

I've been getting a blank screen when I hit "edit" to update Hubs for about an hour now. Might it be a glitch, or is it me? Thanks!

1. agvulpes profile image88
      agvulpesposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Just tried and my 'edits' are doing exactly the same 'blank' screen. Looks like a major glitch !

2. Melinda Longoria profile image81
      Melinda Longoriaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I am experiencing the same issue. It's very glitchy. I got in and was able to mak some edits finally. But it's not working again.

3. Matthew Meyer profile image76
      Matthew Meyerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

We had some temporary issues earlier.
      The problem has been resolved.
      Thanks for everyone's patience.

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image94
        Patty Inglish, MSposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Matthew!

2. Patty Inglish, MS profile image94

I finally had one work correctly, but it took a long time. Hope it's just temporary.

3. AliciaC profile image100
    AliciaCposted 4 years ago

There do seem to be problems at the moment. I'm trying to create a hub and can't save changes to the text capsules. Opening a hub for editing, the Preview function and the "Done Editing" button are working intermittently, too.

4. VinitaAmrit profile image79
    VinitaAmritposted 4 years ago

Yes, I tried to edit an error on my hub for the "Map" (first of all, i don't know that did that happen. I marked Churchill, Canada on the Map and it turned to "YelloKnife" sad ) I got a blank screen too.

5. moonlake profile image91
    moonlakeposted 4 years ago

I was able to edit last night but when I went to save the edit I got a blank page.

6. NateB11 profile image95
    NateB11posted 4 years ago

There's glitches right now not just with editing Hubs; I tried to go to one of my Hubs and got a blank screen, tried to post a comment and all comments went blank.

7. NateB11 profile image95
    NateB11posted 4 years ago

There's glitches right now not just with editing Hubs; I tried to go to one of my Hubs and got a blank screen, tried to post a comment and all comments went blank. Tried to post this comment and got a box saying something went wrong.

8. Glimmer Twin Fan profile image100
    Glimmer Twin Fanposted 4 years ago

There are definitely some glitches right now.  Tryied to pull up someone's hub through their profile page and it came up blank.  Tried looking it up in google, clicked on the link and it also came up blank.  Went back a few minutes later and it came up fine.  Did it on other hubs too.

9. SAM ELDER profile image79
    SAM ELDERposted 4 years ago

Same here, I cannot edit or write new hub. I'm using google chrome for macintosh OS X . Should I try another browser?

10. Glimmer Twin Fan profile image100
    Glimmer Twin Fanposted 4 years ago

Just tried to access a hub through Pinterest and it also came up with a blank page.

11. Anna Marie Bowman profile image90
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 4 years ago

I was able to edit one of my hubs, but when I clicked done editing, the Hub came up blank.  Each time I try to go look at it, it comes up blank.  Some people said that they were having trouble just viewing Hubs.  I hope this doesn't effect our views too much.

12. mary615 profile image97
    mary615posted 4 years ago

Yep!  Major problem.  I thought it was my computer, but I guess not.  I'm getting blank screens everywhere.

13. profile image52
    Francis Grilloposted 4 years ago

I would try another browser! Try to clear the cache first, though.

14. Peggy W profile image90
    Peggy Wposted 4 years ago

When I try and pull up a screen where people have commented, I am also getting a blank screen.  Hope they fix this soon!

15. Ericdierker profile image73
    Ericdierkerposted 4 years ago

Drove me crazy last night. For at least a good 15 seconds. I went and checked and it just drove me crazy for another 5 seconds. Hopped a few hubs, sent out a few hugs and it still is not working properly.

Believe it or not Google tracks this kind of problem. We all know the other frequent problems. HP needs a wake up call that the technical department needs something like a shake up to wake up. This is far below industry standard.

1. The Examiner-1 profile image77
      The Examiner-1posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I did not try edit last night but I wrote a comment on a forum and it did not seem to go through so I hit 'Submit' again and I was told that I could not do that because I just did, so I closed it hoping that it went through. Probably the same thing as your edit problem. :-)

1. Ericdierker profile image73
        Ericdierkerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Notices this morning on several forums -- double posting of comments -- so I imagine both clicks of yours eventually went through.

1. The Examiner-1 profile image77
          The Examiner-1posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I looked on the one that I think that I was on (I am not sure) and I only saw one.

16. Patty Inglish, MS profile image94

I used Firefox and Chrome with same results.

1. VinitaAmrit profile image79
      VinitaAmritposted 4 years agoin reply to this

ya, me too

17. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image40
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 4 years ago

I too face the similar situation. Hope HP rectify it soon.

18. RichardMawby profile image87
    RichardMawbyposted 4 years ago

I had the same problem earlier. I just had to leave it for a few minutes and go back until it loaded again. Doensn't seem to be too bad now.

19. Jodah profile image90
    Jodahposted 4 years ago

Yes, I replied to comments on a couple of my hubs but my comments didn't show up. Problem with one hub now is I have a huge blank space about the size of a whole page between the end of my hub and the adds and comments. I have tried to delete this but each time I hit back space it just takes me to the previous page I was veiwing and out of 'edit' entirely.

20. Jodah profile image90
    Jodahposted 4 years ago

Please ignore what I just posted. issue now sorted.

Closed to reply

working