jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What are some ways for a broke college student to make some quick money?

1. uNicQue profile image83
    uNicQueposted 5 years ago

What are some ways for a broke college student to make some quick money?

Like most other college students, I am completely broke. I mean, scary broke. I have a part-time job, but I am not able to get more than 20-30 hours, and that gives me just enough to pay my rent and my bills. I have some left over for some cheap groceries and the occasional $10 fuel-up, but that is it. I'm still pretty new to HubPages, so I've barely hit the $1 mark on earnings, but I plan on keeping this up. I am a full-time student so a full-time job isn't really an option and either is financial help from parents. What are some other ideas you guys have for me to make some money?

2. LindaSmith1 profile image59
    LindaSmith1posted 5 years ago

Summer is vacation time. Pet owners do not relish the idea of leaving their beloved pet in a kennel. You can try pet sitting, house sitting for those going out of town for a few days, or on vacation. You might want to check for a job as a dog walker. Dog walkers were commonly seen in Philadelphia.

3. Lifes 2nd Chances profile image78
    Lifes 2nd Chancesposted 5 years ago

You might want to try getting together with some of you school mates, who are likely in similar positions, and have a garage/ yard sale. We all have "stuff" we trip over and don't use anymore. You might try making sellable crafts. Jewelry, candles, home decor, re-using materials to make them into to something new. Check out esty.com. Its a great place to sell home made and hand crafted items. Are you really good at your subjects? You may consider helping others. You might want to see about a different job, I tended bar and waited when I was in college, always had money in my pocket with tips, and the hours were mostly flexible. Good luck. C.

4. sethpowers profile image68
    sethpowersposted 5 years ago

Have you tried becoming more financially efficient? This focuses on making the most of the income you already have.

I wrote two hubs on this. The first is here: http://sethpowers.hubpages.com/hub/How- … y-Quickly/

If that doesn't help, then look at the second which is linked to the first and deals specifically with earning more money. If you need a failsafe and are in a serious bind, you can always make some quick cash on mTurk. It won't make you rich, but it is guaranteed and can help you make ends meet if you have some free time.

5. BSloan profile image74
    BSloanposted 5 years ago

Now that school has started, how about offering tutoring services?  Depending on what your good at, you can offer to tutor groups for a set price.

How about cooking meals or selling baked goods for other students on campus?  Do chores such as grocery shopping for others? 

With the holidays coming up, a lot of business need temporary help, so this might be an option to help you get some extra money on a short term basis.

6. SilentMagenta profile image71
    SilentMagentaposted 3 years ago

I'm a college student I think the fastest an most money I ever made was working at a night club. Shot girls don't need liquor licenses. Bartenders make alot too. For males, bouncers dont need to be big in size they just need to know how to handle difficult situations. Good luck hun.