jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Do you buy stuff online and which is more important for you price or faster deli

1. alexandriaruthk profile image75
    alexandriaruthkposted 5 years ago

Do you buy stuff online and which is more important for you price or faster delivery?

Amazon is thinking of setting up distribution centers across the US just so they can deliver same day, but this means they have to pay sales taxes which they pretty don't do for the past 18 years?

Will you still buy from amazon or any other online stores if it is a little bit expensive but delivery is faster?

Which is more important for you as an online buyer?

2. MickS profile image68
    MickSposted 5 years ago

I generally always pay extra fo next day, or timed delivery.  It is not a question of being over eager for the goods, it means I can arrange for someone to be there to take collection and so not have annoying cards through the door to re-arrange delivery.

alexandriaruthkposted 5 years agoin reply to this

And now amazon will take it to the next higher level, fast delivery on the same day, so you don't bother anymore to pay for the extra, rather you will pay for the sales tax. I think this is good so that the local gov't can get taxes from the online s

3. profile image0
    screamingposted 5 years ago

Price isn't a issue if I can't find the same item locally. ALL online sites, in my opinion should be collecting and reporting sales tax received. The sales tax money being collected help pay for the services in your city. If not collected officials have to find alternate ways to generate lost revenues for services they provide for people living there. Usually this means your property tax going up. I prefer to buy from local ma and pa brick and mortar stores.

good thinking, now this is alright because amazon.com will pay sales tax if they will push through with it!

4. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Price. I normally purchase the 1 penny books at Amazon, yet the shipping still makes the books worth the price. If they do that, my plan is ruined and I will have to go to the used bookstore fifteen minutes away and waste my gas...

oh ok, why not buy them by bulk. Can you not get a kindle fire instead? Thanks for your comment.

5. profile image49
    DefiningMeposted 5 years ago

Personally neither price or fast delivery are the biggest factors in my online shopping.  I find that easy navigation of the site is most important for me.  One of my LEAST favorite things about shopping in brick and mortar stores is that they are always moving things around, thus taking what should be a simple task like grocery shopping and turning it into a scavenger hunt!!  When I do shop brick and mortar, I tend to stick with small businesses rather than big box stores.  Sure it costs a little bit more but you get better service and they tend to support the local community more routinely and with more loyalty.

working