jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

If you were offered 1 million dollars to move to another country, would you do i

1. BSloan profile image74
    BSloanposted 5 years ago

If you were offered 1 million dollars to move to another country, would you do it?

Let's say you were offered 1 million dollars (net) but with the condition that you had to move to another country.  Where you moved would be your choice.  Would you do it?

2. msLarayne profile image71
    msLarayneposted 5 years ago

I would definitely move! I love to travel.  I think I would try Spain or Portugal first.  Then my next choice would probably be London.

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

No. It would have to be more than one million. One million dollars isn't what it used to be.

4. KrisL profile image87
    KrisLposted 5 years ago

What a fun thought experiment!

My first thought would be that I would definitely do it and convince my husband to come with me (might have to give him choice of country, but that's OK!)

My second thought is, sadly, no, as my parents are elderly and in poor health and I need to be near them.

5. dudumodu profile image60
    dudumoduposted 5 years ago

I may consider it,but I would first have to know certain things like : can I come home to visit ? how soon do I regain the right to move back or at least just move away from my chosen new abode etc,etc

Generally though, I have a fear for any situation in which inducement is being offered when I don't see the need for one.

6. robes profile image61
    robesposted 5 years ago

I would move for a million dollars in a hear beat.I understand a million dollars isn't what it used to be, but nothing says I can't continue to work! I would probably move to Italy.

7. profile image56
    writerscramp570posted 5 years ago

You better believe it bubba................... Only if it's in GOLD, not monopoly money that the government has printed.

working