Does anyone still make newspaper logs for your fireplace or are they too dangero

  1. suzzycue profile image94
    suzzycueposted 5 years ago

    Does anyone still make newspaper logs for your fireplace or are they too dangerous to burn indoors?

  2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 5 years ago

    I suggest that you learn how to prepare them correctly, and the correct way to use the fireplace. Do not use lighter fluids, etc to light them. Also, do not use the advertisments with the colored paper. Personally, I would check with your local fire department first.

  3. mathair profile image66
    mathairposted 5 years ago

    We used to make these as a fundraising excercise in Primary school. We mixed them with other types of fuel such as coal/wood when we burned them.
    However unless you have access to lots of newspapers, these do not save you anything.  I would imagine they are safe for the open fireplace but you would need to check with the manufacturers of any closed in stove or burner to see if they are suitable.

 
working