jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Where would you rather live southern, midwest, western or eastern part of the US

1. alexandriaruthk profile image75
    alexandriaruthkposted 5 years ago

Where would you rather live southern, midwest, western or eastern part of the US?

And what factors are important for you when choosing that place?

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Western, especially the west coast.  I would prefer it because it was where I was raised and has a certain deep familiarity.  I've lived in other parts of the country but  there is something about familiarity...knowing the kinds of trees, or wildlife, the land, the expressions people use - because all of those things differ from region to region.

1. profile image71
      ElleBeeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Good point on the expressions people use, I wouldn't have thought of that, but having lived in various areas it is definitely true!

3. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Southern. I've always lived here. I know the areas of most southern states, am prepared for most obsticles, and enjoy the locations known to me.

4. profile image71
    ElleBeeposted 5 years ago

I prefer Northeast/New England for a bunch of reasons - first I was raised here, so I'm a little biased. I also like that my family is here, and that where I am (western Massachusetts) you're relatively close to a lot of things - within a three hour radius I can be at the beach, on the ski slopes, in Boston or in NYC.  Double that radius and I could just about make it to Montreal or Washington DC. I also really hate heat, so the fact that I only have to deal with it a few months a year here is a bonus, and I also love a good New England fall with the changing leaves, fresh apples etc. I think in the long term I'd like to stay in New England but move somewhere a bit more rural than where I am now.

5. Efficient Admin profile image93
    Efficient Adminposted 5 years ago

I have lived on the East Coast my whole life, both in the Washington, DC area, Pennsylvania, and the last 12 years in the South.  If I could move anywhere I wanted, I would love to try the Midwest, like Colorado, or perhaps Montana, or Wisconsin because all the people I've met who were from these places seem to be real down to earth and friendly and not pretentious, like some East coasters can be uptight, uppity, and pretentious.

working