I mailed in a completed 1680 last Tuesday. Last Friday, I received a letter say

1. Ed Gibbs profile image55
    Ed Gibbsposted 5 years ago

I mailed in a completed 1680 last Tuesday.  Last Friday, I received a letter saying I have to pay in

I received a waiver for job searching due to going to college, on the condition that I pass my classes and submit my grades after the semester.  I graduated, but didn't submit my grades until the beginning of last week.  At the end of last week, I received a letter in the mail saying I have to pay back all unemployment I received during that semester because I failed to provide documentation.

Is this letter true, even though I did submit the documentation (albeit late)?  I have not received any bills or collection notices, just a statement saying I'll have to pay.

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 5 years ago

UC is nasty.  You need to contact them, and file appeal. You might want to consult with an attorney who specializes in UC laws. Consultation can be free or around $30.

3. Ralph Deeds profile image62
    Ralph Deedsposted 5 years ago

I agree with the previous comment by Linda Smith. You should request a re-determination and perhaps send in your documentation again by registered mail. Unemployment agencies make plenty of errors in their determinations and re-determinations. These errors are sorted out pretty well in hearings before administrative law judges. In dealing with unemployment compensation authorities it's important to study and follow their rules as precisely as possible. Your reason for sending in your college documentation late may be an issue. That is you may be asked whether you had good cause for not filing on time.

Sorry I'm slow in responding to your question!

working