jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Have You Ever Sold Anything on CraigsList? What Was Your Experience?

1. Rock_nj profile image92
    Rock_njposted 2 years ago

Have You Ever Sold Anything on CraigsList?  What Was Your Experience?

I am interesting in learning what people's experience selling things on Craigslist has been?  What is the biggest thing you ever sold on Craigslist?

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 2 years ago

I don't get involved with CraigsList.  Too dangerous!!!  Too many crazies troll that site.

3. lisavanvorst profile image79
    lisavanvorstposted 2 years ago

My husband has, but you have to be careful because of scam artists.

4. profile image0
    TheBizWhizposted 2 years ago

Yes. I have bought and sold things on craigslist and found it very useful. If I am selling, I just make sure they know to bring cash.

5. fpherj48 profile image75
    fpherj48posted 2 years ago

John.....I have sold some furniture on Craig;s List & had no issues.  There are positive and negative sides to using Craig's List.....I had a couple of bad experiences also.  Rather they COULD have been very troublesome if I hadn't been smart enough and alert enough to know a scam when I see one!
    The one thing I would STRESS FIRMLY  is....Be certain to read all the info and warnings & advice that Craig's List has printed for users.  Very Important. Someone of your level of business sense and maturity would not allow himself to get taken by some con-artist, but always be careful.
    I sold an Amish-made Dining Room set and got very close to what I was asking.  First couple that called & came to see it.  I lucked out.

6. LoisRyan13903 profile image81
    LoisRyan13903posted 2 years ago

I never sold anything but gave away free kittens before my cat got fixed.  Had a pretty good response rate and was able to remove the ad when the kittens were gone.

7. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 2 years ago

Our best experience has been selling large used items like a double stroller, crib, furniture - in short, things too big to sell on eBay and worth more than the Goodwill tax write off.