jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Are you a Spender or a Saver? Is your significant other the same as you or the

1. MomsTreasureChest profile image90
    MomsTreasureChestposted 5 years ago

Are you a Spender or a Saver?  Is your significant other the same as you or the opposite?

2. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

in our youth we used to both be spenders.  By that I mean if we had a windfall of $100, we spent $110!  I got more conservative with spending first and my husband followed.  I would say now, he is more likely to spend than I am.

3. Escobana profile image73
    Escobanaposted 5 years ago

I am more of a spender than a saver but I can save and I do right now.

My honey is more of a saver but every now and then he spends his money on something expensive.

We make a good couple because the savings would go to travels and diners to enjoy life as much as possible!

4. fpherj48 profile image77
    fpherj48posted 5 years ago

My husband and I share similar beliefs and attitude, in terms of finances and budgets.   We are NOT spenders.  We are very focused on being sensible and lean toward very frugal.  Neither of us can imagine how average Americans can even consider being any other way.   Spending needlessly, neglecting to shop for sales and bargains and or a lax attitude about being thrifty, is such a self inflicted wound. 
    It is not difficult to take the time and consideration to put together a family financial plan.  Using common sense and a bit of creativity, one can be perfectly balanced to suit your own needs and lifestyle.  To have a handle on your funds, how they are spent and what you might be able to save, is a feeling of control that is necessary to a healthy budget and attitude.

5. point2make profile image81
    point2makeposted 5 years ago

My wife likes to spend and I like to save. Fortunately we never use credit cards to pay for any purchases we make so her spending is limited to what cash she has.I don't have any problem with her shopping as long as what she is buying is something she wants and not just buying for the sake of buying. So she gets to shop and I get to save and we do not have any credit card debt to regret........so I say shop away.