jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What would YOU do with a half a billion dollars or half of that after taxes ?

1. LAURENS WRIGHT profile image51
    LAURENS WRIGHTposted 5 years ago

What would YOU do with a half a billion dollars or half of that after taxes ?

The lottery has said that this week the winnings will be a half a billion dollars, if won, before taxes.  WOW!!!  What could you and what would YOU spend this amount on?  How long would it take for you to spend it, or could you ?

2. beverleejb profile image60
    beverleejbposted 5 years ago

Boy!That is a great question
    I would at least give some to charity
    Number 1.
    There are too many folks living in poverty.
    How terrible is that?
    The younger  children are the ones that suffer, they don't realize it .
    Older school age children know what is is like, because they see other children everyday.
    I then would pay off the bills.
    Buy a truck for my hubby as he had one a few years ago and it was so old and rusty I was too proud to even ride in it.There is always something we would love to buy
    I certainly would not even give it a thought.
    I would invest it.
    But what a thrill it would be to win.

3. ZIa Ahmed khan profile image79
    ZIa Ahmed khanposted 5 years ago

First I will never put a penny in buying a lottery. As per Islam it is prohibited. Even after not buying lottery, if I get I will do following. I will create an endowment and put all money into it.  Divide it into three equal parts, Invest first part into ethical investment and with second part build one age old home and orphanage and home for destitute and homeless. The third will be invested to generate regular income to run orphanage and all other projects. The shortfall will be completed from income of first investment, all remaining profits will be invested back to generate more profits. This way I will increase help for those who do not afford the capitalist economy.
    I will never take a penny from the lottery or for my efforts in establishing and endowment and making it up and running.

4. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

I wouldn't spend all of it. Pay off my husbands vehicle, trade my car for a new one, have a house designed, watch my dream house be built, furnish the house, finish my bachelor's, pay for my master's, continue working, put a decent amount in the stock market, and save most of it.