jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (11 posts)

Would you show your credit card to a delivery man upon his request?

1. Goody5 profile image70
    Goody5posted 4 years ago

Would you show your credit card to a delivery man upon his request?

This is one of the latest scams out there today to steel your credit card information. Some unscrupulous delivery men are now asking to see your credit card to verify your age before they give you your package. (BEWARE OF THIS!)

2. LindaSmith1 profile image62
    LindaSmith1posted 4 years ago

Absolutely not!!!!    Delivery men, mailmen, may ask for a signature on one of those electronic pads, but NEVER A CREDIT CARD, DEBIT CARD OR ANY OTHER FORM OF ID.

3. Angela Kane profile image78
    Angela Kaneposted 4 years ago

I don't know, but I don't think so. A delivery man has never asked me for my credit card before and not many if any will so I would be very suspicious if one asked my for my credit card.

4. Stina Caxe profile image87
    Stina Caxeposted 4 years ago

No way.  Interesting story, I used to work in customer service for a very large office supply chain.  Long story short, one day I was talking to a customer and ended up figuring out that someone at the delivery center had stolen her credit card number (because they used to keep it on the packing slip right on the packages) and used it to call certain "entertainment" phone lines.

5. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

No, I wouldn't. I tend to be very distrustful of people and no way could they convince me it was necessary. I'd likely them them to keep their dang package.

6. ritsukakunx profile image49
    ritsukakunxposted 4 years ago

A... pizza man sometimes has to! In LA they have to verify your CC info if you prepay. :p

1. Annie Miller profile image77
      Annie Millerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Pizza Hut here in Texas, does that too ... you only have to flash it at them, though.

7. profile image0
    apimentel33posted 4 years ago

I don't think I would. I'm glad you brought this up though because if I had been asked on the spot I probably wouldn't have thought twice! If they want to verify your age, maybe flashing a license will have to do....... It's just getting scary how identify theft and fraud and running rampant. We can only be so careful.

8. stuckonwealth profile image61
    stuckonwealthposted 4 years ago

No, I wouldn't even consider giving my credit card information to a delivery man. I can't believe any one would even think about it. If I were to be asked, I'd report the person.

9. Annie Miller profile image77
    Annie Millerposted 4 years ago

One look at me and they would know I'm over the age of consent ... and I'm pretty darned feisty. No credit card shall be gotten!

10. Maggie Bennett profile image73
    Maggie Bennettposted 4 years ago

It is amazing the dumb things people actually attempt these days. I would also report that delivery person.

working