jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

What is the highest price you have ever paid for a gallon of gasoline?

1. MarleneB profile image97
    MarleneBposted 4 years ago

What is the highest price you have ever paid for a gallon of gasoline?

I am amazed at how much it costs for gas these days. As a point of reference, I'd like to know what others pay for a gallon of gas.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7738804_f260.jpg

2. Faith Reaper profile image88
    Faith Reaperposted 4 years ago

I know living in the South, we do not pay as much, but when we first moved to the country about five years ago, I remember paying well over $4.00 a gallon for gas, and I was just getting started on my new hour long commute to and from work each day.  Thankfully, we had gotten rid of our big Blazer and bought two economical cars that get 40 miles to the gallon.

MarleneBposted 4 years agoin reply to this

You're smart exchanging the gas guzzler for the economical car. I still have my Ford Expedition. I live out in the country, so it is necessary. But, I make as few trips to town as possible.

3. THEmikeLO profile image61
    THEmikeLOposted 4 years ago

Currently I'm paying about $4.09 but the most I've ever paid was about $4.55!!

That's really high. Even $4.09 is up there.

4. billybuc profile image89
    billybucposted 4 years ago

Six bucks a gallon, but that was in Alaska, and everyone knows things are bigger in Alaska. smile

Ouch!

5. Ratatosk profile image58
    Ratatoskposted 4 years ago

If I´m right a gallon is as much as 3,78 liter and in europe we only have liters. In the days today we pay around 1,50 Euro per liter gasoline. So we pay around 5,70 Euro for one gallon what´s is in US Dollar around 7,5.

Hi Ratatosk, thank you for converting to gallons. It's great that you took the time to do that. And, either way, that's a lot of money for gas.

6. profile image0
    Deb Welchposted 4 years ago

I bought gas earlier and paying $3.99 a gal. for reg. unleaded.  I have paid as much as $4.08 a gal.here in NY.

working