I use freekeyworddiscovery.com or Google's wordtracker, they're easy to use and will improve rankings.
There is nothing like High paying CPC Keywords for publishers. It is for the advertisers. Try Google Adwords to advertise your published work and see if you will like the high paying CPC Keywords or Low Paying CPC Keywords. Somebody's Gain in Somebody's Loss. Is it not? Google will never like to drift away its advertisers by telling high paying CPC keywords to the publishers.
I use google's keyword tool most of the time. Make sure you uncheck the broad match checkbox and check the exact checkbox whenever you're doing keyword research. You can waste a great deal of time if you don't!
Have a think about products and services that produce high returns e.g. mortgages, lawyer services, credit cards, high tech products.
Get a good list of ideas together and try out some keywords in the tool to see what the CPC is, plus traffic levels.
- Remember that even if you are Number 1 in the search results for a particular term you'll most likely only get 50% of the traffic.
- Usually only 1 or 2 people per 100 visitors will click an ad.
- Also remember that ads on the display network are usually a lot cheaper than those on the search network so you're unlikely to get the highest amount shown for a click.
- In fact you will only ever get 68% of the click value as that is the proportion google pays to advertisers.
- Check out the competing websites that are currently ranking on page 1 for that *particular phrase* to see if they're actually beatable. (In most cases, any phrase with a high CPC has heaps of competition and would take years and a great deal of money to beat).
- If you're lucky enough to find a phrase with beatable competition set to work on creating the very best possible page on that query.
- You may want to experiment with turning off interest based ads (those annoying ads that follow us around) so that your content shows content based ads (the actual ads you have built the page for).
- If you have found a low comp high return phrase have a look around for a suitable affiliate program that would add value for your visitors. Much more money can be made from a good affiliate program than ad clicks.
Here's a good hub on the topic of good keyword research that explains it all in far more depth >> http://sunforged.hubpages.com/hub/Keywo … g-keywords
If you're looking to make money from Adsense as a publisher forget about CPC. Look for Industries with deep pockets and a whole lot of Advertisers.
Here's Why: Google may charge an Advertiser $5 for a single click, and a click from you page may pay you 2 cents for the $5 click you generate. Googles magic payment formula is not based on an Absolute Dollar value.
A high paying low volume industry may have the $5 click for the first 2 positions and could drop dramatically to pennies per click for the others. Again Google will make automatic adjustments.
So pick an industry with a wide pool of advertisers, generate content that attracts visitors and keeps them on your site. And that's how you win at the Adsense game these days.
by Glen8 years ago
...for those who live and die by the CPC......do you have a minimum amount for Estimated Average CPC? ie: You won't consider trying to aim for anything under a certain amount.And a minimum Search Volume?I'm using the...
by Isaac Asante3 years ago
Hi guys,For a while I've been using Google's Keyword Tool to research high-paying keywords and their estimate monthly traffic. Normally, what I do is that I look for Low competition keywords with around 1,000 monthly...
by Ethan Green5 years ago
I've read a lot about the importance of doing keyword research, but then you also get the impression that to really do that research properly can take a long time unless you get lucky early on or really know what you...
by Butch Tool2 years ago
Hello, dear fellows, I am hoping that someone with more experience may be able to direct me to any free resources that will help me learn how to become an SEO master. Primarily, I want to learn how to do in-depth...
by Becki Rizzuti8 years ago
Okay, maybe I'm being a bit dim here.I know what it *means* to do keyword research. I understand the basics of it. I know how important keywords are, and I know how to use them effectively in a white hat manner.However,...
by WhatTheHub5 years ago
I was deciding on revamping my Oil Shale hub. When looking through the Google Keywords Tool, I had found that A LOT of the keywords I would LIKE to use are mostly Medium to High Completion.Usual because the...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.