jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

How can I support United States veterans?

1. phtech profile image81
    phtechposted 4 years ago

How can I support United States veterans?

How can I make my website: supportusvets.webs.com look more professional and get more donations to help out local veterans in my area?

2. SidKemp profile image96
    SidKempposted 4 years ago

Thank you for the wonderful work you are doing. I would suggest including Veterans stories of both their difficulties and their successes. Video interviews would be excellent.

Also, since you advocate volunteering time to help veterans, I'm guessing you do it yourself. Well, blog about that! Show people what it's really like to help a veteran with multiple emotional, life adjustment, and perhaps physical issues.

Also, look to the past generation. There is a homeless shelter - originally, and perhaps still, for veterans only - in Boston that found a very effective way to work with homeless veterans. Look them up. Find out what they are doing now, and use them as a model.

1. phtech profile image81
      phtechposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the comment. I will definitely follow the tips you gave me for the site. Did you happen to go look at the site?

2. phtech profile image81

I will definitely follow the tips that you gave me. They are very helpful. Did you happen to look at the website?

3. SidKemp profile image96
      SidKempposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yes, PH, I did look at the site. My comments above were in response to what I saw. And what I wrote in answer to your question about becoming a successful writer will help on that site, as well. Best wishes to you in your good work!

4. phtech profile image81

Thank you very much, sir.

working