Why is the President of the United States calling the wife of La David Johnson

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (21 posts)
  1. jada67 profile image38
    jada67posted 14 months ago

Why is the President of the United States calling the wife of La David Johnson  a Hero wife a lair.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13753125_f260.jpg

2. lisavollrath profile image95
    lisavollrathposted 14 months ago

I have two answers.

* Because he's a horrible human being with absolutely no compassion, who makes everything about him.

* Because while we're busy watching this story, he's busy getting a budget through Congress, so he can proceed with tax cuts that will benefit the top 1%, while raising taxes on the rest of us.

Either way, I think "because he's evil" pretty much covers it.

3. Au fait profile image92
    Au faitposted 14 months ago

Trump cannot suffer criticism of any kind and so it's always somebody else's fault, whatever 'it' happens to be.

Trump can't do anything right, so even with General Kelly's advice about how to handle the call, he managed to screw it up. 

I'm very disappointed in General Kelly, by the way.  I really thought he was a man of honor (despite being a Republican) and that he was the voice of reason in the Trump Administration, but I was wrong.  Sad.

It would be best if Trump stopped calling family members of military members killed during their service to our country and simply wrote a note of condolence that should always be approved by someone with a conscience and the ability to feel compassion for others, before it is sent.  That way the family who receives it will have a nice token of appreciation, and any screw ups Trump can't stop himself from writing will be caught and corrected before real damage is done.

Other than that, Lisa Vollrath said it perfectly.

4. Aime F profile image83
    Aime Fposted 14 months ago

His ego gets in the way of any rational thought, repeatedly. I expect to see this behaviour from him until the day he dies - no one will be able to convince him that he’s in the wrong. Ever.

5. lovemychris profile image72
    lovemychrisposted 14 months ago

Simple. Hes a pos through and through. The sooner hes impeached the better. And these republicans resigning...why dont  they stay and fight this malignant narcissist instead of walking away? The blood will still be on your hands for allowing him!!! Time for the usa to join the only ones with guts enough to call him for what he is: Black people of america!! How dare he even do so much as BREATHE around anyone who died because of him! Mr bone spurs p*ssy grabbing vladimir putin serving PUNK!!

Oh, and
    *god bless america*

1. lovemychris profile image72
      lovemychrisposted 14 months agoin reply to this

Sometimes things are just so perfect...a blast from the past that expresses so well my feelings to all you trump supporters:
      https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you … ib94JjrNEw

6. Sharlee01 profile image90
    Sharlee01posted 13 months ago

President Trump handled Mrs. Johnson's account of the call just in a horrible manner. He owes her an apology. It is clear she was very upset by the call, and even if he feels he was not at fault, in the end he was at fault... By just making the statement where he refereed she was not telling the truth.  He was at fault.    He is the President of the United States, and should have shown compassion in this heart breaking situation.

7. wrenchBiscuit profile image81
    wrenchBiscuitposted 13 months ago

I am a Vietnam Veteran. I have first hand knowledge that Donald Trump has already done more to support  Veterans than any other President. He even set up a White House hotline for veterans, which has never been done before. Whatever he said, it has been blown out of proportion by his enemies for political and personal reasons. Furthermore, it really doesn't matter what someone says after a death, whether that death be natural or otherwise. Dead is dead, and that's life! Many of you here over the age of 50 need to put on your "big boy pants", and accept the fact that you could drop dead at any moment.

Since when did the useless, but fashionable phrase, "I'm sorry for your loss", bring anyone back from the dead? My parents died of natural causes, and my brother was murdered in Portland Oregon; left lying in the street like a dead animal. Condolences never made me feel better about losing the people I love.If the average American were truly sorry about the loss of life in the so-called "War on Terrorism", then they would have been marching in the streets for the last 16 years, as U.S. soldiers have continued dying in the Middle East. And a number of those soldiers who have survived are now homeless and sleeping in the streets with veterans of previous wars. Donald Trump has already done more to help veterans than Obama did in 8 years.

Anyone who enlists in the military knows that their job is to support and maintain a killing machine, and that there is the very real possibility that they could also be killed in the process. If Trump said what he is accused of saying then he spoke the truth. And I assure you, had the grieving widow's husband returned safely home, she, nor anyone else in the peanut gallery would have shed a tear for the enemy combatants that he killed in Niger. To paraphrase Tina Turner, "What's Sorry Got To Do With It?" This soldier signed on to get paid for serving his country. That service included killing people when necessary. He happened to get killed in the process. Donald Trump had nothing to do with that. And Donald Trump isn't the one who set all of this violence in motion.

lovemychrisposted 13 months agoin reply to this

Really? Arent you the one who said hillary killed ghaddaffi? And she was only sec of state. Why were YOU so outraged about his death???
      Trump is cic....its his watch.

2. wrenchBiscuit profile image81
      wrenchBiscuitposted 13 months agoin reply to this

It is the people of Libya who continue to endure untold suffering as the result of Hillary,Obama, and the banking cabal she fronts for, assassinating Gaddafi. Millions of people suffering and thousands of lives lost. Trump didn't kill those soldiers.

3. lovemychris profile image72

Oh really? hes supposed to be the one ordering missions like that, isn't he? How come he gets a pass but Hillary and Obama don't? never mind...I already know. partisan bs. Million suffered under ghaddaffi too. They breathed a sigh of relief he left

4. wrenchBiscuit profile image81

Foreign Policy doesn't change much from one President to the next. This indicates that a higher authority is in command. Nobody gets a pass with me. 4 soldiers R killed and it's open season on Trump. He's not the bogeyman.

5. fpherj48 profile image77
      fpherj48posted 13 months agoin reply to this

Ron, U made some valid points. It should B clear 2 us that those who despise DT will jump fiercely on any & every single word & deed (even fabricating) that helps their mission of destruction. This is "politics forever." Expect it 2 change, N

6. lovemychris profile image72

Much as you do with any support for hillary. I mean, lots of you voted for trump due to your hatred of hillary...and you want to lecture? Spare me. And by your reasoning wb, hillary is not the boogeyman either. But of course, u give yourself leeway

7. fpherj48 profile image77
      fpherj48posted 13 months agoin reply to this

Ron, the word cutoff was "never." Do me a favor pls? Remind leslie she said she'd "B glad when I died." She may consider me dead & THUS, my posts don't exist.She hallucinates, as all nut cases do.Needs to take her meds! Such nauseating dribble.

8. wrenchBiscuit profile image81

Pa, I like both you and Leslie, so I'm not getting in the middle of HP Women at War. But I can't agree with her on this issue.The  smear tactics in the media are so obvious. People like Weinstein are hardly mentioned on CNN, Jimmy Kimmel, or SNL.

9. lovemychris profile image72

And wb? People like trump are president!!! Or are you another one who says the women who accuse him are all liars too? And sorry paula, people who call me trash and say i liked watching my mother-in-law get slapped get what they give. Your whole crew

10. wrenchBiscuit profile image81

Two issues. First of all, this latest controversy is part of an ongoing smear campaign. Most importantly, he kept his promise to veterans.  In doing so he literally saved my life! At this point he could be the devil incarnate. I'd still support him.

11. lovemychris profile image72

Wonderful. But i hope you get that others wont. And in my view, hes been treated with kid gloves. Given his level of crimes, its a disgrace. And many people's lives have been saved by the aca. Trump never cared about them. Even life is politics.

8. GoldenRod LM profile image97
    GoldenRod LMposted 13 months ago

jada67 has done a great job explaining the viewpoint of many of us. All of the nonsense about how folks feel about a word or its use is crazy. We have a disease in this country called supersensatitis brought on by years of indoctrination. Those not yet potty trained will use any excuse to fuss. Fussing is big business. The other guys are dancing watching this all play out.

Funny, i tell cons that all the time when they want to birth a cow cause i say trump committed treason. Why so sensitive?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)