jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What are some disadvantages of Frugal Lifestyle?

1. starx profile image65
    starxposted 4 years ago

What are some disadvantages of Frugal Lifestyle?

I am trying to blend myself into the frugal lifestyle and though I am not being much strict with my habits. I want to know what are some of the things that others have observed related to the frugal lifestyle.

2. jabelufiroz profile image72
    jabelufirozposted 4 years ago

Living frugally is a great way to keep your finances under control, but if taken too far it can have a detrimental effect on your life. Being able to balance your life and money is just as important as living a frugal lifestyle. If you consider yourself an expert in frugality, you may benefit from learning more about how living frugally can end up costing you in the end. Here are five drawbacks of frugal living.

1. Always Buying The Cheapest Products

2. Being Seen As Cheap

3. Missed Opportunities

4. Requires Too Much Discipline

5. No Clear Goals

http://www.manhelper.com/money_career/5 … gal_living

3. profile image0
    Sarra Garrettposted 4 years ago

There are no disadvantages to a frugal livestyle.  You have to embrace it and be happy with what you have.  It's not good to be materialistic.  Shop at thrift stores, and go to food pantries.  If you see a piece of furniture on the side of the road and it just needs to be refinished - guess what you have a free piece of furniture.  There is no happiness in riches.  Your riches are a roof over your head, food in your stomach and clothes on your back not to mention life, your life is rich if you really look at it.  Being frugal brings out your own individual creativity and you will be happier for it.

4. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

One of the downsides are not going out to eat as often as I would like. When you focus on saving, you tend to eat at home more often than you would like. Plenty of pasta too. Gets tiring after a while. When you do go out, it's a celebration.

working