jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Have you ever had a bill in your name before you were old enough to have a bill

1. loveofnight profile image80
    loveofnightposted 4 years ago

Have you ever had a bill in your name before you were old enough to have a bill ?

I remember many years ago when parents would put a light bill (or other bill) in their children's name long before they were old enough to have a bill. It was their way of trying to keep the lights on after they had been turned off.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8430874_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    golpoposted 4 years ago

No i hadn't. In some nation it is not permitted to raise any utility service request by a person under the age as specified by relevent sections of law of such land.

1. loveofnight profile image80
      loveofnightposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I know a person today who has his phone bill in his son's name. all he did was to lie about the child's age.

3. CraftytotheCore profile image83
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

Around here you practically have to give blood to get a utility contract.  You have to present 2 forms of identification and they run a credit check.  I do know of someone though that applied for a credit card in their child's name because they had the same name.  The child was a teenager.  The father ran up a huge bill and never paid on it, ruining the credit of the child before the child was even old enough to have credit.

working