jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Are HP's most successful hubbers full-time online writers?

1. janshares profile image99
    jansharesposted 4 years ago

Are HP's most successful hubbers full-time online writers?

Knowing the ins and outs of online writing strategies, techniques, social media promotion, writing on multiple sites, etc., takes a lot of time. Being successful seems to be a result of doing this on a full-time basis. Is this the case for most?

2. SylviaSky profile image96
    SylviaSkyposted 4 years ago

No, it isn't worth full-time labor. I think the key is to write with a goal: two articles a month, two articles a week.

1. janshares profile image99
      jansharesposted 4 years agoin reply to this

That seems realistic to me, Sylvia. But I think there are some who post two here, two there, write on their blogs, and interact on Pinterest! I don't see how they do it except that it's full-time. Thanks for answering.

3. DDE profile image27
    DDEposted 4 years ago

To be full time writers it takes a hard work and on HP  from what I have read sounds like there are successful writers here. I write daily and doing fairly well so far.

4. Suzanne Day profile image98
    Suzanne Dayposted 3 years ago

It depends on whether you view it as a business or a hobby. If you're a perfectionist hobbyist like me, you'll spend hours writing, getting the layout looking good and then promoting it with good looking posts on social media. But I've seen people treat it as a business - pump out the hubs, have a pretty average layout and just post it where it needs to go without bells and whistles. Still seems to work both ways, the difference being that putting more effort into the look of the thing invites sharing and virality. People who know what Google wants do better with the business approach as they go straight for the jugular - what they know works.

working