jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Have you used a website like Fiverr to buy or sell?

1. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 3 years ago

Have you used a website like Fiverr to buy or sell?

I don't know a lot about it, but it seems to me that five bucks is not very much, particularly once this site takes a cut.  Is it possible to make real money there? or can you buy quality services/products for such a feeble amount?  I had thought about maybe outsourcing a few tasks but I'm not sure about it.  What's your experience with the site as a buyer or seller?

2. liesl5858 profile image83
    liesl5858posted 3 years ago

I do translations at Fiverr.com and I find the website very good to earn money. I suppose, I am a seller as I sell my skill as a Tagalog-English translator or vice versa. You can earn money well if you sell a lot but with what I do, it comes and goes. It is not guaranteed but I see a lot of people selling loads and making loads of money. It depends on your skill or things you sell. But yes fiver accumulates fast if you got a lot to sell. I earned a little amount last year and hopefully, it will be better this year.

3. Justin Muir profile image90
    Justin Muirposted 3 years ago

I buy services on fiverr all the time. Your right $5 is not a lot of money however in many cases the sellers offer additional services on top of a "five dollar" service that they advertise. So many transactions can add up to $10 or $20. I find the site is excellent when you want piecemeal (relatively quick) jobs done (i.e. voice acting work, content writing, etc). However, if you need to get longer term projects completed (programming a complex website for instance) go for services like Odesk.

4. chefmancave profile image86
    chefmancaveposted 3 years ago

I like to use the fiverr website because it very easy to navigate. Buying services on the site is a breeze. You don't have to go through a huge verification process. I use fiverr mainly for voiceovers.

working