jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Honestly, Is it EVEN POSSIBLE to rank on the first page of Google anymore writin

1. thranax profile image56
    thranaxposted 2 years ago

Honestly, Is it EVEN POSSIBLE to rank on the first page of Google anymore writing on Hubpages?

Since google panda and 3 or 4 other updates I have seen my numbers fall from ok to flatline. Whenever I get a boost in traffic its due to Pintrest. I wrote about 40 articles since Panda and none of them surpass 15k views. How do we proceed to generate a profit nowadays if google ignores us, Pintrest is a bunch of kids clicking on pretty pictures, and all other social media require you to know someone famous or well connected to get traffic anywhere close to what google used to give via keywords?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12508794_f260.jpg

2. peeples profile image95
    peeplesposted 2 years ago

Yes. I still have a couple in the first page. Keywords still work, but they won't do anything if you write on topics where your competition is abundant.  I just looked at your profile and with 7 years and all those unique articles I would think you would have at least a few first page.
    The updates are annoying. I have come to realize most of my older articles will be back and forth between minimal views lows and social media induced highs. Thankfully my articles that always do well have only had minimal hits by updates. Now if they could amount to more than 8% of my total hubs I'd be a happy writer! I'll take what I can get at this point. Considering my minimal training in writing, my lack of time for creating articles, and all the mess with google, I think I am content with what I get from writing here.

thranaxposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Pintrest is hyperlinking to my hub for the terms. So im ranked number 2 on pintrest in google for my hub, not the hub itself. So people who dont use pintrest pass by it. Its frustrating. It makes me not want to produce more hubs since the small hits.

3. lisavollrath profile image96
    lisavollrathposted 2 years ago

Yes. I have a couple of hubs that are still on the front page of search results for their topics, but they're very specific to their niche.

Ranking for far and long tail keywords is still very easy but with being specifically just that keyword pulls specifically less traffic =[ The same keyword that pulled up a hub years ago now pull up pintrest rank 2 for them, and the view rate is less

4. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

nope, none of mu hubs are in the front page at google. I think keywords are really important

Its a shame because I used to have so many in the top pages and then flatlined. I used to pull in a check every month now im lucky to see one every few. I know increasing my social media stance would help but its so hard to really rank consistently

5. CWanamaker profile image98
    CWanamakerposted 2 years ago

yes it certainly is.  A few of my hubs are ranked on page one for their relevant keywords. Honestly, just focus on writing quality content and the traffic will come.

working