jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Are you the lavish spender?

1. DDE profile image25
    DDEposted 2 years ago

Are you the lavish spender?

If you are on a strict budget and spend money when you know you shouldn't be spending.  For example: If you are on a tight budget and you still manage to spend an X amount  exceeding your limits.

2. elayne001 profile image79
    elayne001posted 2 years ago

I love shopping - it is my therapy and exercise, but for me it is more of a treasure hunt. The bigger the bargain, the happier I am. I never spend out of my budget.

1. DDE profile image25
      DDEposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Hi shopping can make you feel if you use it as therapy on a budget when well-planned. Thank you

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12684885_f260.jpg

I'm a lavish spender but within a planned budget.
    For example when I went on vacation to Paris for a week and we stayed at the Hôtel Plaza Athénée. The room was $1100 U.S. dollars per night. We had the money in the bank to cover our expenses and did most of the tourist things. I do the same thing for holidays.
    I guess you could say I (save money) in order to be a lavish spender!smile One old adage goes: "You can't take it with you!"
    Credit card debt is the worst kind of debt. I like to pay it off in 30 days.

1. DDE profile image25

Lovely photo! It all depends on how you can manage your lifestyle. Thank you

4. fpherj48 profile image78
    fpherj48posted 2 years ago

Devika.....Hello!  Haven't talked with you in a while.....glad to see you are well & as active as ever on HP.
    Well, what woman does not love to shop?  THIS woman.  LOL  Obviously I shop when I have to because I am looking for something in particular, but I don't see "shopping" as recreation or entertainment, as so many women do. In other words, I refrain from temptation.  I know better than to give myself a hundred reasons to buy a hundred things I do not need, never knew I wanted, or JUST COULDN'T RESIST!  LOL
    Self-control, Devika!   I'm an expert (when it involves spending)  However, I have never in my life resisted a piece of chocolate cream pie!

Frankly, I have to say that my sister and I had such a (subtle and/or subliminal) type of brainwashing in terms of "finances-budgets-money management"....it is literally ingrained into our brains!  I truly feel on "auto-pilot"  nearly robotic when it comes to constantly hovering over my financial affairs.  Our mother (Bless her) did an incredible number on us in this area of Household responsibilities. 
    I will forever be grateful for this.  As it turned out, I have forever been "on-a-budget!"
    Great Question, Devika.   Have a happy week-end!

1. DDE profile image25

Hi Paula I haven't been as active only recently.  Always on a budget is a great idea when you are raised that way. I like your answer.

5. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8215049_f260.jpg

I can classify myself as a lavish spender.  I love to shop.  However, I am lucky that my finances are not suffering from this.  However, I am curbing my shopping as I have so many items.  Also, I NEVER exceed my limits.

1. DDE profile image25

I know of a lavish spender she just loves to shop. Her easy access to money allows her that behavior. With limits is good idea, you  seem to have it undercontrol.  Thank you

working