jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Are you the lavish spender?

1. DDE profile image23
    DDEposted 2 years ago

Are you the lavish spender?

People spend money daily. How do you manage your spending? Do you have an X amount to spend daily or monthly?  Do you spend money however you please?

2. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12821489_f260.jpg

I'm not routinely a lavish spender.
    I will go months without buying new clothes or various other material things and then turn around and splurge for a weekend getaway or vacation. I do make sure I pre-pay for my trips and have a set amount of money I plan to spend or charge on credit cards.
    I only spend money that I already have or expect to have within a credit card billing cycle of 30 days. I like to pay in full.

1. DDE profile image23
      DDEposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like you have  control and know what to do. I like to spend money on quality not quantity. I would buy what I like at a good price and quality only when affordable. I got to be satisfied. Interesting ideas thank you.

3. sangre profile image96
    sangreposted 2 years ago

No I am the type of person who only buys items when absolutely required. I don't have a set amount laid aside to spend on this and that each month. I am a pretty savvy shopper and I am good at waiting on items to be reduced down for online sales or for seasonal sales.

1. DDE profile image23

I shop for what I like and when I can afford it. Not all year round thank you

4. lisavanvorst profile image78
    lisavanvorstposted 2 years ago

I try to budget, but since I am the only one working this is difficult. It is hard to pay the high expensive of bills on one salary. My husband is trying to get SSI but it could take years. I very rarely spend any money on me and lately I am getting very resentful of this. Bills come first and I am always last.

1. DDE profile image23

Hi Lisa VanVorst I know what that must feel like to be deprived of when you are working but can't  get what you want or need. Sounds tough. Thank you for sharing that. I try to spoil myself  I use cash from writing to do that

working