pagesvoice profile image 83

Should the United States ban the import of patriotic souvenirs that haven't been made in the USA?

On a recent trip to the Washington, D.C. area I felt sick to my stomach when I noticed nearly every patriotic item sold in a souvenir store had been made in China. Doesn't it make for common sense to have items that herald all the glories of the homeland to actually be made in the same country?

JayeWisdom profile image94

Jaye Denman (JayeWisdom) says

• pagesvoice profile image

Dennis L. Page (pagesvoice) 3 years ago

I'm glad you feel the way I do. There is nothing wrong with the idea of capitalism. However, it is the corporate greed for only being loyal to the flag of profit that is ruining us...as in the United States.

angelicwarriors profile image66

John Chartier (angelicwarriors) says

• pagesvoice profile image

Dennis L. Page (pagesvoice) 3 years ago

Your argument is a sound one, but I think there is a groundswell now for american manufacturers to be more flexible. At least I hope that is now the case.

luvtoowrite profile image60

Luvtoo Write (luvtoowrite) says

• pagesvoice profile image

Dennis L. Page (pagesvoice) 3 years ago

I would rather pay a higher price from a mom and pop USA manufacturer than a lower price for something made sub standardly in China.

lovemychris profile image80

Yes Dear (lovemychris) says

• pagesvoice profile image

Dennis L. Page (pagesvoice) 3 years ago

Jefferson hit the proverbial nail on the head. I'll never get used to corporations being people.