mothersofnations profile image 77

A homeless family that doesn't want help...

What do you do when you see a homeless women with children that doesn't want help? So many people have tried to help and her story is always the same: A friend helped to get them into a hotel for a few days and they'll be going back home (out of state) within a week. It's been a year and they're still on the street with the same story... I feel bad for the kids... What do you do?

Best Answer Daveadams36 says

• mothersofnations profile image

Mothers of Nations (mothersofnations) 3 years ago

Wow, that's the greatest advice anyone could've given! Maybe that's exactly what she needs, a plan laid out for her, limiting the unknows & giving encouragement, showing her it's possible to move up & keep her kids... You're awesome. God bles

• mothersofnations profile image

I have no intention on calling CPS. I don't want to separate children from their parents, she's all they have. They go from hotel to hotel every 2-3 days as someone pays for a room for them. I'm not judging her hun, I want them to get help w/o fear.

• mothersofnations profile image

"She needs to feel empowered, not pitied." I agree but she won't allow anyone to help her. She gives everyone the same story "Oh it's ok, we're leaving in a few days anwyay - we don't need the help." She seems kind and her kids are well behaved but..

Homeless Families - The New Normal Homeless What Can You Do To Help?92

Homeless Families - The New Normal Homeless What Can You Do To Help?

Penny G profile image74

Penny Godfirnon (Penny G) says

• mothersofnations profile image

Wow, what you said is very powerful & thought provoking. I can't disagree with you. Peeples posted a hub about this, link above. I commented. 1 chance or I have to contact somone because you're right this is about the kids, not the mom... TY, GBY

• mothersofnations profile image

The children are being fed and clothed and I'm assuming most time housed in a hotel, all by random acts of kindness from various strangers. But they're not in school and receiving no medical or mental health services and it's obvious they need it.

mothersofnations profile image77

Mothers of Nations (mothersofnations) says

• peeples profile image

Peeples 3 years ago

Unless her two older children are both female, most shelters will split the mother from her male children. Also did she admit these kids aren't seeing docs or going to school or was it obvious somehow?

mbaskills4u profile image60

Rajesh (mbaskills4u) says

• mothersofnations profile image

The kids can't continue to live like that. I pray in Jesus' name the mother accepts the help her children need, without fear. God bless...

pippap profile image88

pippap says

• mothersofnations profile image

I contacted a local church that same evening - she didnt want to go with me but offered her room number. They called her that night and the next morning. She accepted food and clothes but wanted no other help. She was adament about it.