jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Ex on meth---what would you do?

  1. MissJamieD profile image73
    MissJamieDposted 5 years ago

    Ok I'm not totally retarded, I called Child Protective Services on my ex husband who is addicted to meth and has two of our three kids living with him since we split. He couldn't clean up and is continuing to make horrible decisions in my kids' care. The kids are with their grandparents until the investigation is complete....My question is: I'm afraid he will send one of his drug dealer "friends" to literally kill me. My whole life is here and no matter where I am he will find me, he's stalked me every time we've been apart even when he started out having no idea where I was. He's a master manipulator and can make almost anyone believe almost anything...what would YOU do????

    1. tammybarnette profile image61
      tammybarnetteposted 5 years agoin reply to this

      God Bless your heart, my ex-husband was a drug addict when I left him. Thank God I never had to worry that he had my children, my heart goes out to you. You must use every tool the system has to offer, jump over the police and go to the mayor, if you can not get them to take you seriously go to the news papers and get a story that the police and city officials are refusing to help you save yourself and your children, that ought to get them moving...Move heaven and earth, because this is the fight of your life. If you have a good relationship with his parents talk to them about an intervention. I know this is all easier said than done, I am praying for the safety of you and your children.

    2. snakeslane profile image78
      snakeslaneposted 5 years agoin reply to this

      If you have a crisis line call it. They can put you in touch with a women's (and family) support network, and a safe house where you will not be found. They can send a 'flying squad' to get you and the children out of the house, and help you make a plan. This is serious. It is important to listen to your intuition. Yes, it is difficult, but better safe than sorry. Not meaning to lecture you, but you need real on the ground support. I hope you can find some help, and get yourself and your children out of harm's way.

  2. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 5 years ago

    Do you have any kind of restraining order against him?   Is it possible to get one?  (You said he has a history of stalking you).
    I dunno what I'd do,  but am praying for you and for him that he decides to change his life..........

  3. Craig Suits profile image75
    Craig Suitsposted 5 years ago

    One: Get the kids the hell away from him ASAP.
    Two: Get the Child protective services on his case and the cops.
    Three: If you think (and you're probably right) he's a danger to you and or the kids, get the hell out of his reach. Set up a new identity somewhere far away. You can cover your tracks easily if you get advise from the FBI and other pro organizations. He won't last long doing meth. It won't be long before he's in jail or dead. The children have to be your number one priority.

    1. MissJamieD profile image73
      MissJamieDposted 5 years agoin reply to this

      My children ARE my number one priority that's why I posted this AND I did call CPS on him the other day, they're making him have supervised visits but only until next Wednesday, but that could be extended and I hope it is. But I've called the police on him many times while he was doing meth and every time they said "he's their father there's nothing we can do unless there's physical abuse/threats.." And I don't have enough proof to get a restraining order right now. I'm not going to lie to get one either, that's not how I do things. Although I may have to rethink that to get my children safe. And even if I was given a new identity by the Feds, it's all a long, arduous process, although well worth it I agree but either way he has time to hire someone to hurt me or hurt me himself. And he's been doing meth for almost 20 years and has never been caught.....he's gotten away with so much in his life it's pathetic, mostly because when he does get caught doing anything wrong, his parents bail him out of everything, in fact they are his enablers hands down!

      btw, I'm certainly not trying to be snotty with any of my replies here, that's one downfall of typing and no audio or body language to go by..lol...but You're right:) thank you

      1. Craig Suits profile image75
        Craig Suitsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

        A restraining order isnt going to do diddly. Get yourself and your kids far away from this potentially dangerous addict and I mean now!

    2. Kathryn L Hill profile image80
      Kathryn L Hillposted 5 years agoin reply to this

      Re: Craig
      Sometimes they can last for Y E A R S on Meth!! do not depend on that! Sooner the better for ACTION!  I know someone who fought a speed addict stalking her for two whole decades!

      1. Craig Suits profile image75
        Craig Suitsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

        I agree. Screwing around with legalities isnt going to phase a crazed addict and living in fear isnt going to help you or your kids either. You must get him away from you and your kids and the only legal way to do that right now is to put a couple thousand miles between you. Dont wait until the day he decides to get violent, it could be today.

  4. Kathryn L Hill profile image80
    Kathryn L Hillposted 5 years ago

    You are in a really bad situation. You cannot take it lightly, nor should anyone around you take it lightly. Thats where you MUST seek help: from those around you! Send friends and family copies of the restraining orders and let the neighborhood police know you are in grave trouble. Get the police involved and get everything documented. Have photos of his car and his license plate number. Know where he lives, and get your kids away from him. Do not be afraid to anger him. Do not be afraid of him. Make him afraid of you and the LAW. Never Talk to him for ANY reason and never let him near you. If he comes to your house, call the police. Do not answer the door. Never believe anything he says. Stay far away from him. He is not himself.