Levi Legion profile image 61

Is the public school system teaching kids that the government is the solution to problems?

My school-age years were not spent in the public school system, so I ask the above question. I generally believe that people are able solve all types of problems without the interference of government. But is the public education system teaching the opposite? Is the system reinforcing the idea that the gov. can solve all our problem through regulation? Please explain why you agree or disagree with my sentiments.

• Levi Legion profile image

Levi Legion 2 years ago

I think a lot has changed since you were in school. There's far more bureaucracy now. Far more gov. infringements. I get the feeling that many young people have no reservations about using the gov. to push agendas and force compliance on others.

• Levi Legion profile image

Levi Legion 2 years ago

Thanks, MT. I think the examples you gave (wars won, hardships endured, inventions) can be attributed to the people, not gov. I'm just noticing a trend of gov. reliance, rather than self and community reliance. The gov. was never meant to be nanny.

bradmasterOCcal profile image47

bradmasterOCcal says

• Au fait profile image

C E Clark (Au fait) 2 years ago

Sad, but so true.