jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Happiness and Success. Are they intertwined?

1. grizelda profile image60
    grizeldaposted 5 years ago

I wonder if successful people are really happy with their lives. Or if a very poor person can be truly happy. I have often heard other people defines happiness with success or success boils down to happiness, but if you really examine it closely, that is not the case so. Why did  successful people like marilyn monroe, Prince Albert of Edinburgh, Vincent Van Gogh, among others, committed suicide? How can we be successful and at the same time happy?

1. profile image0
      JaxsonRaineposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I've been very poor, and I've done quite well. At both ends, I've been happy, but I've been happier when I've done well than when I've been poor. I'm just not capable of being happy all the time if I'm worried about how I'm going to feed my family.

Money can remove some of the obstacles to happiness, but it's not a magic solution.

grizeldaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yeah! That's the reality sometimes. How can u be happy if your tummy is empty.smile)

2. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No.
      Happiness isn't about success. Happiness is a state of mind, which is about having an understanding about the richness you gain everyday through living and those who have an influence on you to improve upon yourself. You can be happy with your life and what you have in your life without having success.

wow! what an inspiring insight. I will try to live by that.smile Thanks for sharing.

2. rebekahELLE profile image88
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

I think a happy person has discovered the key to success.

Hmmm...i'll try to discover that. I'm on my way...smile

working