Long-Term Effects of Iraq

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (35 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Sooner28posted 11 years ago

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/1 … 64728.html

History will surely vindicate George Bush and Dick Cheney big_smile.

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 11 years ago

History vindicate Bush and Cheney? Don't you mean indict Bush and Cheney?

They don't need to be vindicated. They are both morons and led the general public astray by implying something which it couldn't ultimately prove true. They had indications that Saddam was arming WMDs, but those weapons were NOT of the Nuclear Weapons type. Saddam had for years produced WMDs on a chemical level and even used them against people on Iraq territory.

I don't mind Saddam taken down, but there was nothing of value put into it's place. The supposed Democracy being established is nothing more than the BS it is here, there and that's not good.

Taking Saddam down should have been done quietly, quickly and simply. The object was to get him on crimes against humanity on his own people. There was absolutely no reason to invade the country.

There should've been a warrant issued for crimes against humanity, one country should have been assigned by the U.N. to secure him in custody. A full invasion of the country wasn't necessary.

1. Gypsy Willow profile image65
      Gypsy Willowposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Totally agree with cagsil. Mosad would have taken him out without a doubt. The destruction of Iraq is a sin by any religious term.

2. profile image0
      Sooner28posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sarcasm.  Sorry, it's hard to get through with text sometimes.  I figured most people who respond to the forums already know i am a lefty.

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I know you're on the left side. wink But, did miss the sarcasm. My bad. wink

3. JSChams profile image61
    JSChamsposted 11 years ago

We are all aware that the original push to get Saddam came from the Clinton administration right?
    With the same WMD evidence?

http://www.snopes.com/politics/war/wmdquotes.asp

1. profile image0

I don't see how this is relevant to the argument that Bush's hollow mind pushed for a war that could very well end up making the world a more dangerous place than before.

1. JSChams profile image61
        JSChamsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You are kidding right? Clinton and the Dems of his day get a pass for asking to do the same thing and using the same intel?

1. profile image0

Clinton sucked,  but he isn't the one who ordered the invasion of Iraq tongue.

Oh yes he did. He got Congressional approval it just never occurred.
            You don't know any of this do you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENAV_UoI … plpp_video

I'm not surprised...can't have any blame on a Democrat.

1. profile image0
              PrettyPantherposted 11 years agoin reply to this

He ordered air strikes, not an invasion.  Do you have a problem telling the truth, or are you unable to understand the difference?

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-hist … ck-on-iraq

You know I already used Snopes, a favorite of the left when they want to slap someone, to show you the truth.
                You can't handle the truth?

Hey JSChams, air strikes are not invasion. Get it or not?

Hey Cags...

THE SAME INTELLIGENCE
                    THE SAME
                    that everyone said Bush lied about was used.

THAT PEOPLE IS MY POINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    All I here is Bush lied.
                    I think he was lied to but believed it.
                    So who lied first?

2. Josak profile image61
                  Josakposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You are wrong, a bombing campaign was suggested and approved but no invasion.

Josak:

All that was planned ON THE SAME FRIGGING INTELLIGENCE that everybody claims Bush lied about.
                    Who lied?
                    Somebody lied before Bush now did they not?
                    Actually there were chemical weapons at the least. Just ask the Kurds.

2. Pearldiver profile image66
        Pearldiverposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Like your post... his held a subtle sarcastic spike!  smile

Did you miss that very distant reference to Monica's influence?  big_smile

[Great.... it's being covered up by another subtle response sad ]

4. maxoxam41 profile image64
    maxoxam41posted 11 years ago

What did we think will happen with Iraq. We went, we pilfered, we left! As we did in Afghanistan... When alliances are made such as the one with the U.S., Israel, Europe, why wouldn't oppressed countries ruined by the U.S. military interventions gathered to form a block? Since every U.S. action is driven by economical interests, it is fair, that their victims react negatively (adopt an oil related policy generating world ire or favor political and economical partnerships that will trigger worldwide discontent). Our neocons' greed are getting their paybacks!

1. Hollie Thomas profile image61
      Hollie Thomasposted 11 years agoin reply to this

+1

5. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 11 years ago

"The most recent major report on these costs come from Brown University in the form of the Costs of War project,[1] which said the total for wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan is at least $3.2-4 trillion.[2] The report disavowed previous estimates of the Iraq War's cost as being under $1 trillion, saying the Department of Defense's direct spending on Iraq totaled at least $757.8 billion, but also highlighting the complementary costs at home, such as interest paid on the funds borrowed to finance the wars and a potential nearly $1 trillion in extra spending to care for veterans returning from combat through 2050."

6. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 11 years ago

Military Industrial Banker Complex.

Short and simply stated. smile

2. Hollie Thomas profile image61

yep, how much better off the world would be without them.

7. JSChams profile image61

It's amazing.

Can someone explain to me why one party lies about something and we turn our head and the other party lies about the very same thing and that is the most hideous evil imaginable????????

I am watching this unfold right here on this forum. No one will admit the Democrats plotted years before Bush to do exactly the same evil they lay on him with the same intelligence. It's like complete taboo to admit it isn't it?

1. Hollie Thomas profile image61

Not at all, it's just that your claims make absolutely no sense whatsoever.

2. Cody Hodge profile image60
      Cody Hodgeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Clinton:

Ordered airstrikes in an effort to keep Saddam isolated so other nations in the region wouldn't be affected.

Bush:

Became the first president in American history to order an invasion of a country that had not previously attacked us.

You still either don't get the point or you won't look at it.
        Did Bush lie? Why?
        If so he followed the Clinton lie.

Do you not see that?

8. JSChams profile image61

I hear nothing but crickets.........

So you bump the thread to get attention or to bring this pathetic thread back to the top of the forums for what reason exactly?

You were the last one to post and if no one else chose to respond, then so be it to this being a dead thread. There's no rhyme or reason for you to bother with it any longer.

Beating a dead horse isn't going to accomplish anything meaningful. hmm

Actually I am a little disappointed. I thought you would see the truth of this but I guess not.

9. JBrumett profile image58
    JBrumettposted 11 years ago

Speaking from a perspective of someone who was on the ground during the war.  You guys beat yourselves up over this a weeeee bit to much.  Self inflicted wounds anyone?  I moved on, everyone I know moved on.  Let it go.   =-P

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)