jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Now major Presidential appointees don't need Senate nod.

1. JSChams profile image61
    JSChamsposted 5 years ago

Here's the story:

http://dailycaller.com/2012/08/10/obama … firmation/

Can you say bad idea? I can.

1. Josak profile image61
      Josakposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Bipartisan measure designed to reduce the ridiculous waiting time that is caused the the senate needing to pass approval leaving those positions unfilled for extended periods or with the wrong people in them. Even the Senate voted to reduce their own power. Good idea.

JSChamsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yeah....you will say that till Romney is President.

1. Josak profile image61
          Josakposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Well firstly the numbers don't indicate that will be the outcome secondly Obama has already made his appointments so it doesn't affect him, the measure will be just as correct if Romey ever becomes president.

I also not you have no response to the actual logic just an unprovable claim about my reaction.

JSChamsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I think it's another in the long list of things they don't want to do. It promotes cronyism. It is not doing the job they were elected to do.
            That's what it is.

2. WillStarr profile image83
    WillStarrposted 5 years ago

"Bipartisan measure designed to reduce the ridiculous waiting time that is caused the the senate needing to pass approval leaving those positions unfilled for extended periods or with the wrong people in them. Even the Senate voted to reduce their own power. Good idea."

Then why not take the next step in your 'logic', and just eliminate that slow Congress entirely, and make the president all-powerful? None of those time-consuming checks and balances.

Problem solved.

BTW, don't you have your own country to attend to?

working