What Antecedence makes anyone think Romney will be a better president?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (23 posts)
  1. doctorulna profile image60
    doctorulnaposted 11 years ago

Having taking so much time to peruse several abounding articles and write-ups on the presidential election,i equally made a close and thorough dissection of peoples opinion in forums like hubpages,I reflected on the perspective and guiding principles of several folks that have so much faith in Romney as against Obama.My logical conclusion hitherto is that a handful of Romney supporters are only craving for change just for the sake of it.Occassionally it appears so ridiculous to me when some Republican supporters brings Race and skin colour into perspective,as a determinant of who occupies the white house.This is quite ridiculous,and unfathomnable in a 21st century American election.I  realized it might be too late before many Romney supporter realize they are following a mirage.
    I cant figure makes any individual with a network of neurones as sophisticated as what human brain is wired with,to esteem the flip-floping Romneys set of "policies". Just for a benefit of doubt i hereby wish to invite a few of the myriads of Republicans around here to mention just one rational reason for supporting Romney?

1. galleryofgrace profile image71
      galleryofgraceposted 11 years agoin reply to this

To get Osama out!

1. Petra Vlah profile image59
        Petra Vlahposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If Rep. are settling for just anyone in order to get Obama out, that is called desperation and is sad

2. doctorulna profile image60
        doctorulnaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I smell a taint of sarcasm !

@Petrah Blah,i agree and we've come to see how several policies that should benefit the American people have been stiffled out; courtsey of desperate bipartisan politics !

3. Josak profile image59
        Josakposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well that sums up a big part of the conservative vote, the xenophobic hateful and irrational hatred, apparently there are states where over 40% of the population believe the president is a Muslim (always followed by a very unconvincing "but I aint racist") but then I guess they fall into the no network of neurons category.

Some (quite few) are voting that way because they believe in conservative economics despite the fact that our last president proved those don't work.

And some a big portion are voting that way because times are tough and they don't see enough improvement in the economy under Obama.

I respect the last two even if I don't agree with them.

There seems to be extremes of reasons and a couple of decent reasons likewise....I rather encourage people make decisions with decent reasons  !

2. innersmiff profile image65
          innersmiffposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What conservative economic policies? Bush was the biggest government spender ever, at that time, and didn't veto a spending bill until 6 years  into his administration. I think what we've learned from the current and previous administrations is that big spending and big money manipulation doesn't work!

2. Shadesbreath profile image76
      Shadesbreathposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If this represents what you learned based on "so much time to peruse several abounding articles," which you then followed with a "close and thorough dissection" of how people were voting, then you need to A) not "peruse" and actually start reading carefully, and then B) get a sharper scalpel, because your dissection cut out truth. Your "logical conclusion hitherto," while trying desperately to sound legal or something, is not logical at all. You obviously don't like Romney, which is great, but don't come in here obfuscating for all your worth and think that the slapdash spew of random vocabulary is going to fool anyone into thinking you actually spent any real time trying to understand people's point of views, much less any time on anything like actual reasearch and serious inquiry. Especially when you start tossing in pedantic "network of neurones" shots at the intellects of Republicans.

You want an example of missing "neurones"... anyone who is incapable of recognizing their own bias.

(And for the record, I don't know who I'm voting for because they are both awful.)

Whilst It must be acknowledged that you have a right to your opinion ,this alone doesn't make your witty assertions fallible. The depth of my research and the volume i dug through before making a thought provoking conclusion, that has successfully brought  pseudo-republicans in your ranks to their toes are well spelt. It is pertinent to state that the most modest of all voters cum enthusiast or scholar of the election does not need a vault of surgical tools to analyse write ups coming from folks like Alex Castellanos of CNN, and while that may be far fetched, it wouldn't require a stint of wizardry to get acquainted with the extremes of ideas springing off thriving hubpages forum like "The Obama abomination".It was only sequel to the burgeoning that a clarion call was made for an intellectual and unbiased discussion, based on the imperial dogma that every net citizen has a right to the freedom of expression !
        I must state categorically that i don't hate Romney, neither do i have any significant affection for Obama,it only takes been rational and realistic to vent out my opinions.

1. Shadesbreath profile image76

Are you typing into a language translation program?

You sure appear Ostracized..everyone seems to be able to communicate properly.Why not help correct the translation program errors !

1. Shadesbreath profile image76

I take it that means you are. That explains a lot. And yes, I can pick out the general essence of what you might be trying to say, but some of the words coming up are probably changing your meaning into something much different than what you intend.

I only chose to be satirical since that is your hallmark.Alluding to your awkward assumption should be amusing to you actually. I speak and write in Queen English that everyone else understands..You may want to get a copy of the dictionary from amazon...I will oblige to post a link here for you.

3. JSChams profile image60
      JSChamsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I don't know but all the polls are now favoring Romney by many points.
      What do you think?

2. profile image0
    JaxsonRaineposted 11 years ago

His experience at Bain... he does understand the obstacles, more clearly than 99.999% of all Americans, that both large and small businesses face.

His record as governor. He cut spending, raised education scores, took the state from 50th to 28th in job creation, balanced 5 budgets in 4 years(yup, he balanced a budget that the previous administration didn't balance, which is illegal), and did all of that working with a D-majority legislation.

He hasn't flip flopped as much as people think. Most 'flip flops' are just examples of misquoting, quoting out of context, or confusing personal belief and political policy(Romney demonstrated as governor he can separate the two).

He has a plan to bring in major, much needed reforms. Obama has very little to offer in the way of plans, only excuses for why its not his fault.

Lowering the corporate tax rate and switching to a territorial system are the two simplest, most important changes we need. We could literally see 5-10% GDP growth with those two changes.

1. habee profile image93
      habeeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Ditto. We gave Obama a chance, but I don't like the way it's turning out. Anyway, why does anyone have to explain their vote? Watch the videos of the reasons people voted for Obama. While I think many are silly, it's their right to vote for the candidate of their choice. This is still America, last time I checked. If I want to support Romney because I like his hair, that's my right. If you want to vote for Obama because you think he has a nice smile, that's your right. Whichever man wins will be my president, and I will respect him as America's choice.

1. lorlie6 profile image72
        lorlie6posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Perfectly, perfectly said.

2. doctorulna profile image60

@Jaxson your piece seems the most articulate and rational of all i see flying around from GOP supporters...but i would rather not fall short of pointing out that the election is a game of comparing two things,you have highlighted Romneys supposed achievement so elaborately,but you stop short of acknowledging what Obama has achieved as a president,in making comparism. The growing Job datas, the energy boom, a better health insurance policy that has given hope to several families..When all these are factored in, then i feel clamoring for a change might just be following a mirage of some sort...The dynamics of running a Government will never conform with those of running a private business,as such the Bain capital line of argument will only suffix in a just few pockets of areas. I feel Obama is on a progressive track redirecting a fragile and feeble Economy,he doesnt have to be derailed or driven out just for the sake of it !

1. profile image0
        JaxsonRaineposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Ok, let's look at jobs.

Our job creation numbers have barely kept pace with population growth. We had a bit of a boom, but for basically the last two years, we have just been keeping up with population growth. Like Romney said, if w e counted the same people now as we did before Obama took office, unemployment would be above 10%, and that's true.

Health insurance... Obama promised he would lower costs for people. He also promised everyone would be able to keep their policies. He also promised it wouldn't tax the middle class.

Between taking office and the full implementation of Obamacare, premiums are set to have risen by $5000/year per family. Compared to Obama's promise, that's a $7500 difference. CBO says that 20-30 million Americans will lose their current health insurance, because Obamacare increases the costs of carrying it for employers, so they will have to drop it. Middle-class Americans who can afford insurance but don't purchase it will be taxed.

Our economy is barely growing, and is winding down. GDP is reaching stagnation. We could easily boost our economy with real growth, by lowering corporate tax rates, and tax rates for small businesses that pay at the personal level, but Obama doesn't want to do that. He actually wants to raise taxes on a large number of small businesses, which employ a large percentage of all Americans.

There is nothing you can look at and say 'hey, we are headed in the right direction!'. Not jobs, not GDP, not the cost of gas, food, or healthcare.

Obama isn't getting things done, and he is breaking campaign promises. I see no reason to give him any more time.

3. doctorulna profile image60

You've made a whole lot of point,and  i could see you are taking a quantum shift towards the use of statisics, that is quite commendable but am afraid you need to thread softly in using statistical assertions,to cast aspersions. A refrence to the source of your datas especially on Jobs to population growth ratio, remains very crucial at this point.The last i checked,unemployment rate was 7.8% and thats an all time low.Figures can always be tweaked to favor whichever end of the divide,it can only be fair if you are quoting from a non-partisan source.

3. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 11 years ago

Actually, the andecedence makes most people think Romney will NOT be a better president. He's all the worst of Bush plus draconian social policies, too.

4. JSChams profile image60
    JSChamsposted 11 years ago

So if Barack Obama loses are we going to be treated to the hateful rendition of whining about "flyover states"?
    Even if you ignore the racist and regional stereotype overtones with THAT situation, it's just simply a very big indicator of how little the Liberal intelligentsia knows about the American people.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)