Liberal class:

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (54 posts)
  1. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 11 years ago

Crowd boos 9-yr-old girl for supporting Romney. Kudos to the MSNBC anchors for admonishing such an act.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ … omney.html

Yes, I know ALL liberals aren't so callous.

1. Waldo Numbly profile image60
      Waldo Numblyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think that in a highly charged close race, the booing is almost a reflexive act; some booed, some cheered.  Not so terrible I guess.  However, (I know this is a subjective and biased observation,) but liberals seem more vocal and rude to me.  Just my opinion.

1. Healthy Pursuits profile image79
        Healthy Pursuitsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I thought your comment about Liberals being the most vocal and rude to be odd. I used to be an independent. I was so offended by the nastiness and the hard edges I saw coming out of the Republican party that I declared myself a Democrat as a protest. I've only felt that nastiness more and more. I think that both sides are now totally out of hand. We're polarizing our own society. That doesn't encourage me to think that we have a long future ahead of us.

You have a point, especially when you consider Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter.  But the liberals I usually notice are the occupy bunch, and protesters shouting and screaming.  Your other point is well taken also; nasty, harsh, and polarized.

2. Askme profile image79
          Askmeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well I used to be a democrat but got fed up with their one-sided views and very hostile too.  Booing a little kid-not surprised. Nor am I surprised by Chris Matthews telling off a young college kid supporter of Romney that he ought to "read a newspaper" because Obama did not lie at the debate about the Libya
          attack.  It seems the Democratic party a/k/a liberals have become the party of  censorship IF  you do not agree with their position.  This is not the party it was during the 60's or the 70's.  This is not the party that worked so hard to advance the ACLU or the civil rights movement.
          America is a 2-party  system and all opinions should be expressed without  fear of booing or humiliation.  See this video from a stupid teacher in Philly who made fun of her student for wearing a Romney/Ryan shirt.

http://www.statesman.com/videos/news/na … irt/vff9Z/

1. kathleenkat profile image82
            kathleenkatposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think it depends on where you live. I live in a very democratic state, and I like liberals about as much as I like hemmorhoids.

I also used to live in Kentucky, and my mom lives in Tennessee. I about pulled my hair out dealing with conservatives because I was so damn fed up with them telling me how great the War was, and asking why I didn't go to church.

I think that's why I'm independent. Can't stand the outspoken extremes on either side of the spectrum.

1. Mighty Mom profile image76
              Mighty Momposted 11 years agoin reply to this

lol KK,
              That's quite a dilemma. So true. And I love how you made the issue come alive with your examples!

Come to California. We've got Dems, we've got Reps. We've got rich Dems and poor Dems. We've got rich Reps (possibly some poor ones -- I don't see any where I live, though).
              It's entirely possible to live without feeling completely inundated or held back by either side.
              We have no money or jobs, mind you. But if all you're looking for is a political climate where you can be yourself, this is the place.
              lol

Are you sure I wouldn't just get flack from everyone, then? neutral

I went on a business trip to Silicon Valley a couple months ago. The driving, alone, scared me.

2. Askme profile image79

OH no mighty mom...I live in Southern California-have lived here all my life. Born and raised as are many of my long time friends and my husband.  We are all fairly middle of the road and slightly to the right.  We do not dare say we like Romney over Obama.  The left will boo us. They will unfriend us from Facebook.  The other day someone posted a pic of Paul Ryan with the caption "most likely to murderer you in your sleep" when I dared to post that the pic was offensive and what would happen if it was on of Obama with a similar caption, the group when ballistic saying  Ryan is a Nazi and racist. 

I don't see Dems and Reps getting along at all in Cali.  And by the way, I do know lots of republicans who don't have money.  They have gone bankrupt, lost their small businesses and homes to foreclosure.

2. Waldo Numbly profile image60

Yes Askme.  This is a generalized statement, but I notice a large contingent of liberals in the fields of education, healthcare, and government.  In other words, people who don't produce anything, and seek funding from government to maintain their existence.

3. paintphd profile image61
          paintphdposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sad....have you ran out of parties to convert to in protest yet?

2. profile image0
      JaxsonRaineposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sometimes I think we need a little more of older laws... when it was ok to slug somebody for being a jerk, or dishonoring your family.

If adults were booing my daughter...

HOW CAN ADULTS ACT THAT WAY?!?!?!?!?!?!?

This is only going to get worse, every generation is softer, more entitled, more whiney...

1. profile image0
        Sooner28posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Back in the good ole days when we had duels!

1. profile image0

Back in the good ole days when you didn't get charged for slugging someone who insulted your wife or kids.

1. profile image0

So violence is the answer to people you don't like?

Also, if you are suggesting violence on EVERYONE who booed the 9 year old, that would make you insane.

1. profile image0

I think a good smack-down can teach someone an important lesson, yes.

Like that parent who was mocking the girl with polio.

See, people used to learn their lessons. I know we live in the 'violence doesn't solve anything' age, but it simply isn't true. Physical force is a stick, you can't solve every problem with just carrots.

Kids can't be spanked anymore, and we end up with kids camping out in a park, with sub-zero sleeping bags and tents, drinking their starbucks, using their ipads, and pretending that they're sacrificing as much as the founding fathers did, for as great of a cause.

Please be reasonable.  Don't say violence, say ass-kicked.  Only a liberal would use the word violence.  It's like tomato...tomahto.  To answer your question; yes.

I agree Jaxon.  Some of these pisspots need their ass kicked.

3. profile image0

I wouldn't boo someone that young, nor should anyone else.  The parents might need to be booed though.

Most kids don't have the experience and context to support any political candidates when they are that young.

Just like 7 year olds who say they are born again Christians. 

Though, some people never grow out of the rote repetition they participated in as children.

4. profile image0
      Onusonusposted 11 years agoin reply to this

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/579363_451393588235838_938499225_n.jpg

LMAO...Reminds me of the (liberal arts) college I went to. I went there for proximity reasons, though many went there for cultural reasons. These people would march on campus for "Occupy" riots, but have iPods and Starbucks in hand.

1. paintphd profile image61

This is why the current POTUS hasn't attempted to establish any bipartisanship. As is the custom of Liberals;  they feel their ideology is so quasi intelligent and progressive that it is not up for debate. They know what the best course of action is. Their way or no way. This is why circumventing congressional approval for Obama's czar appointments, as well as his invoking executive privilege over Fast and Furious is a natural reflex. The American public is really a simple minded sort to Liberals, and it's their civic duty to save us from ourselves.

2. Teddletonmr profile image70
    Teddletonmrposted 11 years ago

I for one believe the ass that booed the little girl was neither liberal, nor conservative. Independent maybe smile, no seriously folks rather a bully beating up on a child sad that is willing to speak her mind, from the mouths of babes.

1. Askme profile image79

Teddletonmr: I think you are correct.  With so many reality shows,  Jerry Springer-type lives, no filters.  Lots of people forget how to behave in civilized society.  My bad to blame it on liberals, democrats, republicans or right wingers, or the Tea Party....rather just plain ass-clowns.

3. The Suburban Poet profile image82
    The Suburban Poetposted 11 years ago

There are a lot mentally ill people masquerading as normal... unfortunately the complainers and most political among us are being glorified.

4. stclairjack profile image75
    stclairjackposted 11 years ago

hate me if you must,.... but i would have NEVER had taken my son (or daughter) to a political event and allowed him to speak,.... i didnt see it on tv and i havent watched the video at the link,... nor do i plan to,....... am i the only person here that thinks taking your kid to this sort of event is just putting them somplace thats WAY over thier head?........ i mean realy....... does a 9 yr olds opinion on presidential politics matter?...... beyond weather or not we had honey butter on bread at lunch time, and a presidents ability to promisse honey butter on bread at school lunches....... 9 year olds dont care...... (i didnt and i seriously doubt todays 9 year olds are any more enlightened) and they shouldnt have to care................. 9 year olds are kids.... and we should LET THEM BE.

shame on parents for throwing thier daughter into a charged political arena she had no intelectual buisness being in.

jus sayin

1. stclairjack profile image75
      stclairjackposted 11 years agoin reply to this

honestly,... raise your kids up with good minds so they will make informed descisions,.... not just parot the party talking points of thier parents.... and if you must raise parots,... then keep them at home until properly trained and parade ready.... even horses are not allowed to race until 2 years of age!

this is soooooo gona get me hate mail! hee hee!

1. Repairguy47 profile image60
        Repairguy47posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Your world child = horse

My world boo= kick in the head!

2. stclairjack profile image75

only took a day or so to raise an eyebrow! ha!..... i must admit to a bit of hyperbole here,.... but i firmly believe that NO 9 year old can, with an informed, mature mind, pick a president... sorry but thats the way i feel,..... i am bombarded myself by far too many children who are raised to parot thier parents POV.... and i'm glad thier parents take the time to instruct thier children,..... but i would NEVER throw my son into the grownups game,... its setting him up for that kind of rude negativity..... when i was young you discussed these issues at home with adults, i was allowed to ask questions, i was allowed to question everything because my mom wanted me to have a mind of my own rather than memorex.... and if it interests ya'll... my mom is a liberal dem and i am a progressive repub in the spirit of Lincoln, TR, and Ike,... my heros would not recognize thier own party today,....

all that said,.... i agree,.... boo my kid..... your gona get a verbal beat down at best, and a phisical pumeling if you push me,..... but there again,.... no one would boo my son,...... because he would be standing there with his MOUTH SHUT observing and learning..... like i taught him.

asking a 9 year old who she suports for preseident is as logical as asking her how she likes the pull set up on the clutch of a sportster 883... she can tell you how dad does it.... if she memorizes how he does it..... and if dad would teach her motorcycle mechanics it would serve her FAR better than dragging her to a crowd of insanely rude political junkie parots.

2. Askme profile image79

As Americans we should encourage our children to learn about our political process.  Most Americans are too apathetic when it comes to voting or being informed on the issues. 

We should be free to take our kids to any political event without fear of being booed.  Neither children or adults should have fear of expressing their constitutional rights to dissent against the government, align themselves to whatever political party fits their beliefs, vote without fear of repercussions.

Seriously Stclairjack you must be joking!  5th graders in California make annual trips to  DC to learn all about our process!!

1. Askme profile image79

I worry about new immigrants being intimidated like this. I have several friends who are recent Americans coming from countries where they could not vote or if they were allowed, they were instructed how to vote.  I hope none of them are booed!!

1. paintphd profile image61

Your new immigrant friends will have familiar surroundings here with the Democratic voting process especially should they be employed in a unionized company.

3. Teddletonmr profile image70
      Teddletonmrposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wow! how do you really feel?
      Like it or not kids are bombarded by the same political messaging we all are forced to endure. Painful as it must have been, the little nine year old girl learned a valuable lesson about the way politics make people behave.
      Should have she been there, is not the bigger issue..smile

your right its not the bigger issue,... the bigger issue is weather or not aledged adults can act well in public, if they can treat thier fellow man as they wish to be treated themselves..... short answer,..... NO..... they cant. and we know this......

so the NEXT logical question is,... if its common knowledge that political parots are rude jacka**'s.... why in blue blazes would you allow your daughter to be placed in a situation that would subject her to thier caloused and childish behavior???

i dont let 16 yr old girls through the bar room door,.... A) because i dont think 16 yr olds have the maturity to handle or understand that environment.... and B.... i know the average behavior of those who frequent the bar........ no difference.

see also post above

5. gmwilliams profile image82
    gmwilliamsposted 11 years ago

The person who booed the nine year old is totally immature.    Each one has a right to his/her political opinion.    If a person differs politically from me, fine and dandy.   To each his/her own-there should be no need for histrionics and melodramatics among mature individuals!

1. Askme profile image79

Exactly GM!   I know I can always rely on you for a level-headed opinion.  Adults should not be booed either. If we truly are  a free nation that allows its citizens to decide, we should not intimidate anyone for their choice!

6. kathleenkat profile image82
    kathleenkatposted 11 years ago

Yikes.

This is all too common though. Where I went to college, Republicans were treated like social pariahs. I also recall, in Elementary school, kids pointing and laughing at kids whose parents voted for Bush. Then Bush won, and the tables were turned on the bullies.

I am sure it exists on both sides, and in all varieties. Comes with the territory; no different than opposing sports fans.

kathleenkat... you speak the truth... it is no different than opposing sports fans,.... how sad that the future of our once great nation has been reduced to a ball game,... no more important in the minds of average americans than weather to have wings or pizza when the guys come over.

its bottom of the 9th,... 3-2 pitch... bases loaded.... wonder who we'll send to the plate,.... or is it nothing more than whos next in the batting order.

2. tammybarnette profile image60
      tammybarnetteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

We live in R state TN, my children have been booed from their entire class for daring to have an open mind...now they are adults and stronger for it...jsut saying

7. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 11 years ago

I wonder what would happen if a 9 year old addressed a Teaparty rally and said how Obama was the best choice for the country.

and i wonder if after the rude half wits got done booing at her,... and lets not let them off the hook for being the classles apes that they are,.... would anyone question the judgement of asking a 9 yr old her opinion on the subject? would anyone ask her parents what in blue blazes they were thinking putting her in that situation?..... jus sayin

2. Repairguy47 profile image60
      Repairguy47posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, yeah, what would happen? roll DEEEEEEERP

8. movingout profile image61
    movingoutposted 11 years ago

And had the shoe been on the other foot (Republican Candidates), people without thinking would have boooed also! It's a mute point! Give me a break!

True, but the whole "they would have done the same thing" is a way of shifting blame, and it doesn't even begin to excuse the behavior.

Liberals should be ashamed of the people who booed this kid: No ifs, ands or buts about it.

9. stclairjack profile image75
    stclairjackposted 11 years ago

pehaps those who boo'd were unaware that the respondant was a 9 yr old girl.... perhaps it was so beyond thier realm of thought to consider that someone would ask a 9 yr old thier opinion on presidential politics,... and given the noise and the high passions of the moment,... they responded as if they were dealing with a peer?........................ perhaps the TV guru's who decided to ask the girl her opinion knew DAMN well that the crowd would react passionatley and that the anchors would get the "win" of admonishing the crowd,......

perhaps..... we should admonish the parents for putting thier daughter in the arena,... and the news guru's for opening the gates for the lions,....... the lion after all is only a lion

Yeah 'cause 9 year old girls resemble fully grown adult women.

10. The Suburban Poet profile image82

When you climb a tree in order to justify wrong-doing then you have become the monster you are fighting.

11. Waldo Numbly profile image60
    Waldo Numblyposted 11 years ago

Look at the video, there are cheers along with boos.  People were not cheering or booing a nine year old girl, they were reacting to the name.  It could have happened with a similar question about Yankees or Buffalo Bills.  It's just competition.  We are only a couple weeks from an election and emotions are running high.  I don't see where this is a big issue.

On a different tack, if a young person voices an opinion they may as well learn that there are consequences, and opposing views.

1. profile image0

You know, a lot of the problems we have, we have because of the way adults treat children.

I'm just saying...

The way adults treat children?  I think children are over-treated.  Google a George Carlin skit called "child worship."  I think he is right on with this one.

12. The Suburban Poet profile image82

I agree Waldo but I wouldn't give ten cents to anyone who booed a child; as far as I'm concerned any adult who would do that is emotionally immature.

I agree poet.  When I think of it though, how appropriate is it to ask a 9-year-old child a controversial question in public like that?  I think  young person like that will respond with an answer she feels will please her parents and reflect their feelings.  I think the commentator was stupid.

13. profile image0
    RTalloniposted 11 years ago

A new level of selfish bullying!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)