jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)

Obama re-elected VS Congress

1. brimancandy profile image80
    brimancandyposted 4 years ago

Now that President Obama has been re-elected, how many people wonder if he will receive the same cold shoulder from republican congress that he has received for the last four years. People complain that Obama hasn't done enough, and I say BULL. He has done quite a lot, it's just that a majority of what he wanted to achieve got shot down by the republican majority. Mainly because his views do not match their republican way of thinking...no matter what idea came to them. Not to mention them trying to railroad him from day one because he's black.

The question is, if this stone-walling continues how long will it be before we the people are allowed to say "Hey! get over your ego bullshit...and do your fricking job!" Or, we will start impeachment plans for each and every one of you! And, replace you with someone who will.

1. KK Trainor profile image60
      KK Trainorposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Jobs Bills Stuck In The Senate

House Republicans have passed 39 jobs bills that are currently stuck in the Democrat controlled Senate

http://majorityleader.gov/jobstracker/

2. brimancandy profile image80
    brimancandyposted 4 years ago

I didn't read that, mainly because the jobs bills that were passed were probably republican lead, and most likely with some kind of rider connected to it. For example, when Obama wanted to pass a bill to extend unemployment benefits, an anti-abortion bill tagged along, which whomever added the bill knew it would kill the first bill.

Most bills do not pass, because there is something tagging along that nobody wants, like term limits for senators, and so on. Someone once tried to add a bill that would give millionaires vouchers so that they could afford to buy bigger and newer boats, onto an important bill. Which of course got shot down.

But, isn't it funny how the bill that will give us senators lifetime salaries and health care did not have a bill crashing rider on it. If there is a way to smash an unpopular bill, either party will find a way to stop it. One reason why George Bush senior asked for the line item veto. But, of course that had to be passed as a bill, and it didn't happen.

1. tammybarnette profile image60
      tammybarnetteposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Exactly, the line item veto was a great idea, but in todays division, it could never work, I think that if there is some sort of rider then it should at least be similar to the host, attaching something random like anti-abortion onto a jobs bill,etc...is ridiculous  roll

brimancandyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Exactly. That is why half of Obama's ideas have been shot down. Most out of spite, and everyone knows it.

Yes, yes, keep blaming everyone... Come on, a new song is needed here. Other Presidents have had to deal with a divided Congress and lots of ill feelings. It's the job. So do it or get out!

Democrats hated Reagan's foreign policy, Republicans hated Bill Clinton and his perverted ways, and Democrats absolutely hated Bush and his 'war mongering'. But....stuff got done! OMG, how novel.

brimancandyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Republican's tried to make Clinton look like a sex pervert, and went to great links to rail road him. Then look what happened since. One republican senator after another fell to sex scandals. A lot of them involving homosexual affairs while those same senators made every attempt to squash gay rights.

And, what is their current agenda? To try to overturn gay rights. Among many other civil rights, to set us back 50 years. And, I thank god that all of that talk is now over. Now we can focus on what matters again, and get over the religious bs.

2. tammybarnette profile image60

"Blame everyone else," that has been the name of the game, The GOP knew that the W Bush legacy would haunt them, so they used a diversionary tactic with the use of a very loud propaganda base, FOX, and convinced half of Americans that the other half is evil, and needs a free lunch...Sadly, the ruse worked sad Now, Americans and government have turned on eachother like spoiled brat children fighting for a toy and real work needs to be accomplished, all Americans need to come together and we need to quit bitching and get it done! When Sandy hit the shore what did Chris Christie say, something like "I don't give a damn about the election, I have a State to care for..." this is the brains that need be present in the room, this is how important the matters at hand really are, it's time to stop playing chicken and grow the hell up, be responsible citizens and government will mirror that image! The image in Washington we hate so much, is a mirror of the ugly side of "the people"

Well I don't hate the image in Washington. They are doing what they're elected to do. Stick to your beliefs and try to make the other guy blink.If the base didn't want them doing it they wouldn't have re-elected them, as everyone keeps saying about Obama...

1. tammybarnette profile image60

Does it make you feel better that "playing to the base," as if it's some sporting event, like our favorite teams...red vs. blue...like back in Ancient Rome....I truly pray that people have evolved, I pray that the consumerism has not crushed the humanitarianism, I pray we learn from the past...

3. Mighty Mom profile image90
    Mighty Momposted 4 years ago

But there has never been an admitted, public, concerted agenda for one party to to whatever it takes -- including holding the American people hostage -- to make sure the president looks bad and is defeated after one term.

Well, they failed America AND they failed in their agenda.
    TIme for those two-time losers to play ball or pack it up and go home.

Get the quote right at least...

BOB WOODWARD: “And where McConnell says, ‘I don't want Obama to fail, I want him to change.’ And I agree with you. I think that that's significant. Now, there is a brazenness to the first part of the quote, and as you know, Mitch McConnell is –”

JOE SCARBOROUGH: “He's tough.”

BOB WOODWARD: “He’s a hard ass on these subjects, to say the least.”

JOE SCARBOROUGH: “But McConnell went on to say -- and it's just never been reported -- McConnell went on to say, but if he changes, I want to work with him, and basically that's the attitude of if the guy will meet us halfway -- and I see John Heilemann rolling his eyes around the set, but time and time and time again, republicans offered suggestions, and time and time and time again, the first two years, the president rejected them outright.”

Get over it, it's in the past and Obama won anyway. Why keep reliving it?

4. tammybarnette profile image60
    tammybarnetteposted 4 years ago

working