jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (21 posts)

Climate change is the cause for the gun violence in Chicago?

1. profile image54
    whoisitposted 4 years ago

You can't make this stuff up.

If the heat is causing people to kill in Chicago then it should be really dangerous in Phoenix.

http://www.isthatbaloney.com/former-pla … nge-video/

1. Zelkiiro profile image95
      Zelkiiroposted 4 years agoin reply to this

There are many causes for gun violence, but I am extremely skeptical that a bout of warm weather is among those causes.

2. bBerean profile image60
      bBereanposted 4 years agoin reply to this

With all the gun control in place in Chicago, where do they get the guns?  Don't the criminals know it is illegal to have them?  What are they thinking?  wink

1. profile image75
        Education Answerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

They forgot to put up more "no weapons" signs.  That's the real problem.

1. profile image54
          whoisitposted 4 years agoin reply to this

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/7636254_f248.jpg

3. profile image75

We should ban the heat.  What we need is heat control.  Heat causes violence.  Eliminating heat would save lives.

2. junko profile image77
    junkoposted 4 years ago

Unemployment and the lack of hope of meaningful employment is the majority reason for gun violence in American cities.

Once again, I don't think that's it. I, myself, am unemployed at the moment, and the thought of shooting up people has never once crossed my mind. I mean, who can even afford to shoot people up? Ammunition is expensive!

1. junko profile image77
        junkoposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Zelkiiro, If you don't think thats it, thats o'k, if you don't want to think about it. You can't put yourself in  mind set of the premanently 40% unemployed for decades. That would be like comparing your economic activities with the economic activity of the Federal Government. Its like comparing oranges and apples. Trust me Zelkiiro, I'm an underclassman, massive long term group unemployment causes violence, always have and always will.

My post was more in jest than anything. But if we're gonna be serious, the marginal majority of gun violence is more likely to come from inner-city gangs fighting over territory and drugs. And only one of those things can be solved via legalization.

But naturally, there will be those who believe thousands of people dying in the streets by getting shot in the face is preferable to some people getting high off their ass in their apartment somewhere.

1. junko profile image77
            junkoposted 4 years agoin reply to this

zelkiiro, I was not jesting when I said, unemployment and not climate change was the cause of gun violence in Chicago. I thought you didn't really know that truth. That problem can't be solved by legalization of guns it's an employment problem. Iam sorry I don't trivialize gun violence, it's serious here.

1. profile image54

Isn't unemployment higher in Detroit, did they have more people murdered there than Chicago?

1. profile image0
                JaxsonRaineposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Not sure, but I did see this recently about Baltimore.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryla … 7229.story

217 murders
                90% male
                94% black
                95% adult
                79% with criminal records
                61% with drug arrests
                45% with prior gun crimes

82% victims with criminal records
                68% victims with drug arrests
                37% victims with prior gun crimes

I would imagine most large urban areas are going to be somewhat similar to this. It's usually drug-related, usually gang-related, and usually happens between people who have records, both the suspect and the victim.

2. profile image75

Blame President Obama's economy?  It certainly has some part in America's violence, doesn't it?

I honestly doubt it. Our current level of gun violence is bad and all, but it's been on a general downhill slide since the mid-90s.

3. Cody Hodge5 profile image60
    Cody Hodge5posted 4 years ago

Oh sure, when Sarah Palin says that Paul Revere rode through Boston because the British were going to take our arms away.......

Don't you dare mock Sarah Palin!

But if a non-political figure says something equally stupid, its just liberal nonsense that should be bashed for days?

1. profile image54

Sarah Palin is a non political person.

2. profile image75

Close enough.  On April 19, 1775, the British tried to take military supplies from the colonists, resulting in the Battles of Lexington and Concord.  While she's not entirely right, she has the general idea.  This really isn't that stupid, and it has far more merit than you are giving to it.

3. profile image54
      whoisitposted 4 years ago

This is at the beginning of my driveway.
      http://s4.hubimg.com/u/7636259_f248.jpg

1. kerryg profile image88
        kerrygposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Did I miss a memo? When did we get the right to shoot people for driving down our driveway?

http://nbclatino.com/2013/01/29/georgia … olice-say/

2. Zelkiiro profile image95

Oho...so you're not just a Conservative obstructionist; you're a Conservative obstructionist nutjob!

working