jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Which world problem stands out to you the most?

1. jlboogades profile image59
    jlboogadesposted 4 years ago

If you had to pick one, which of the world's problems would be the "dingle-berry on the butt of society?"  Just curious what concerns people.

2. jlboogades profile image59

I for one vote "Kmart, definitely Kmart" (Dustin Hoffman-"Rainman").  No seriously, I would say greed is a pretty pervasive, overarching problem in the world.  Be more specific in your answers if you can. 

-Thanks for thinking and think 'fore thanking-

3. innersmiff profile image69
    innersmiffposted 4 years ago

Violence. It isn't a problem amongst many in our society - we have a society that is built on and thrives on violence.

4. jlboogades profile image59

What do you think is the source, or cause, of most of the world's violence?

1. innersmiff profile image69
      innersmiffposted 4 years agoin reply to this

The state and it's favoured special interests, and this is the case in most countries. Some are better than others, but are violent and cause violence in some way or another.

jlboogadesposted 4 years agoin reply to this

State agendas, like foreign military occupations, yeah I get that. Seems to me that any group of people, much less a national government, by nature forms a contorted and complex bureaucratic system. Everyone has perspectives and beliefs which naturally lead to collective interests. I don't know

5. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 4 years ago

easy peasy...conflicting religious/non/spiritual beliefs

jlboogadesposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Interesting, I am curious what you mean by religious, not spiritual. What would you propose as a solution to that, one global faith or no faith?

working