jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Lack of Outrage

1. profile image0
    Sooner28posted 4 years ago

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/2 … 17842.html

What is the state of a free society when the director of the CIA openly declares the agency wants to spy on every single action we take?

2. Astra Nomik profile image73
    Astra Nomikposted 4 years ago

Mobile phone services and companies such as Google could be said to be just as intrusive so that they can monetize our information, repackage it and offer it for marketing heaven money to the highest bidders. And someone big and important enabled this process. Who gave then the ability to accomplish this...?

1. profile image0
      Sooner28posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Google and Apple are both egregious offenders.

3. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 4 years ago

As I don't text, tweet or make videos, he isn't looking at me.

Yeah, sure.

Seriously, though, if you don't want Uncle Sam to look at your public tweets, don't make them.  If you want privacy, don't go public with everything.

1. profile image0

I'm not referring to Facebook or hubpages.  I already assume those are public.

How would you like the CIA spying on you when you are having private conversations with your family or spouse?  Or monitoring what you read and don't read?  Before the Patriot Act, it was much more difficult to spy on the reading lists of Americans.

1. wilderness profile image94
        wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I didn't catch anything like that in your link.  Just text, tweet and videos.

1. profile image0

It's just an extension.  I don't know if you are familiar with the CIA report commonly referred to as The Crown Jewels, but it details in 700 pages many of the activities up until 1975 that were "contrary to the charter of the agency." 

Lots of spying and mail intercepting.  There's also the plants that pretend to be activists but are really spies.  The media actually reported they spied on Occupy, but I'm sure The Tea Party, and any other organized group that challenges the status quo, are sure to be suspects

http://www.aclu.org/blog/free-speech-na … ing-occupy  This is just about the FBI, but both agencies are doing it.

4. tirelesstraveler profile image84
    tirelesstravelerposted 4 years ago

No worries, the government already has drones that can see through the walls of your house. There are several in my area already( police) so the internet is no big deal.

1. profile image0

I wonder how Americans will react when drones are seen regularly.

1. tirelesstraveler profile image84
        tirelesstravelerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Nothing I can put into print comes to mind at the moment.

1. profile image0

I suppose we should ask the Pakistanis.

working