jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (26 posts)

High chairs , kiddy pools and cribs should be banned !

1. ahorseback profile image48
    ahorsebackposted 4 years ago

Though I would bring this one up too !   I've already banned musical chairs now its time for some really serious stuff , children have been killed ,, maimed , injured and  a few parents as well , have pinching fingers ,  broken cereal dishs and  spilled milk have all come from high chairs ,  S.I.D.S. , suffacation ,  and head injuries to babies ,  so lets ban cribs as well !  Just sayin !  Oh , and coins , how many kids choke on a quarter ,nickle or dime every year ?  And kiddy pools , I don't even want to think about them !

1. Ericdierker profile image79
      Ericdierkerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Oh sure just fine ed. Ban dirt and rocks and sidewalks and lawns and trees and streams and lakes and rain. Bathtubs must go as well as sinks, ironing boards, tvs and computers and don't get me started on CARS.

The horrible disasters and product caused injuries are horribly sad. I now send a prayer for all who have suffered through them. But we all know kiddy pools do not kill people stupidity does.

On a last note I am starting a petition to ban bullets. They are a horrible choking hazard.

2. Soul Man Dancing profile image60
      Soul Man Dancingposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Keep the out of automobiles while you are at it.

3. John Holden profile image61
      John Holdenposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I tripped over my daughter when she was a baby.

Ban babies!

1. profile image0
        Rad Manposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I hope you didn't get hurt.

1. John Holden profile image61

Fortunately I landed on my son who broke my fall - he got almost better eventually lol

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image95
            Marcy Goodfleischposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Well-padded children can be good safety features in homes, when placed close to the floor. They're also useful for intestinally disposing of small objects the homeowner might otherwise step on.

True, I hadn't considered that aspect!
              Marbles, for instance, are much less of a risk lodged in some toddlers nostril than left on the floor for somebody to stand on!

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image95
                Marcy Goodfleischposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'd hate to see the crawlers (babies) banned - when they're wearing sleepers or other garments with long legs, they really help keep the floors dusted. Great point about the marbles, by the way.

Overall, babies have some degree of utility - even if they're pricey.

2. profile image0

I didn't ask about wether or not the rug rat was injured. They do eventually contribute to the house hold though, I'm no longer driving around drunk every night because I have a kid that drives me.

I can see that my call to ban babies was ill thought out and premature.

2. profile image61
        retief2000posted 4 years ago in reply to this

My sons gobbled up thousands of my dollars.  Banning babies seems reasonable to me.  I could have retired by now.

1. Josak profile image60
          Josakposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I can get behind that tongue

2. John Holden profile image61

Yes, and though Rad Man says that his kids drive him from drink, mine drove me to drink!

1. profile image61
            retief2000posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Mine are old enough now I drive, purchase drink and they drink it.  My big mistake was teaching them about good beer.  No Guiness or Stella Artois is safe in my refrigerator.

2. Michael Willis profile image78
    Michael Willisposted 4 years ago

Don't forget the toilet Seat and lid!!! How many little boys have had their...hurt from the lid/seat falling on them? Ouch!

1. Becky Katz profile image84
      Becky Katzposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That type of accident, kept my younger son from being potty trained for another six months. He did not want to do that again.

3. Gypsy Rose Lee profile image61
    Gypsy Rose Leeposted 4 years ago

It all depend on the high chair. When I came into this world it was the end of the 50s and high chairs were sturdy and make of wood. The plastic crap these days can be banned. Cribs too were solid and of wood. Hate what they have nowadays but I don't have to worry about it cause have no kids or grandkids. Now the kiddy pools their alright just need proper supervision and I have enjoyed a cooling sit in a few myself. Other than that let's keep on banning.

4. A Troubled Man profile image61
    A Troubled Manposted 4 years ago

Ban bathtubs, too.

5. profile image0
    Rad Manposted 4 years ago

I just read that Kinder egg's have been banned in the US. I had no idea and am shocked. How have you guys been spending easter without them? I would bring them over myself, but I'm told the fine is very high. What is the world coming too? What next, guns?

1. Ericdierker profile image79
      Ericdierkerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.  I have already started a campaign to stop selling those danged fruits with pits. Peaches and cherries have go to be banned!!!!

1. profile image0

Mango's you have to cut to eat. Cut with a knife. Someone could get hurt trying to eat fruit.

6. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image95
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 4 years ago

We need to ban eating utensils altogether.  Knives are an obvious hazard, but spoons can get stuck to the nose if you lick them and your tongue has sticky jelly on it. Untold numbers of innocent children have suffered permanent emotional damage from this danger.

Forks? Worse yet - I don't want to be too graphic here, but anyone who has ever seen the movie "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels" knows the sad reason the cork was on the fork.

7. ahorseback profile image48

And tricycles too !  I was injuredd on one of those at eighteen . It was undersized and my back hasen't been right since ! Or my crotch for that matter ! This thread  may require a hub somebody !

Sounds like it's not all that needs a hub lol

8. ahorseback profile image48

Come on John , You can do it !

working