jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (27 posts)

Bristol Palin's expectations on being a mom

1. LondonGirl profile image84
    LondonGirlposted 8 years ago

More to the point, her mother wasn't chosen to be VP (-:

But with a name like Bristol, what could we expect from the poor cow? And her siblings have dead weird names too.

1. darkside profile image81
      darksideposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I was curious as to whether that was in a real interview or not so I went looking.

It isn't.

Though this thread got indexed at Google within 2 days.

2. profile image0
      Leta Sposted 8 years agoin reply to this

And her new baby is named, Tripp.  (How appropriate!)

Almost makes me ashamed to be an American. lol...almost.  It's those neo-cons, you know, LG.  They give us a bad name.

2. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 8 years ago

Crash - where ya been all this time?

3. LondonGirl profile image84

thanks, I didn't see that

4. LondonGirl profile image84

I thought that was her baby brother's name?

1. profile image0

No, her bro's name is 'Trigg.'  OMG.  Obviously all from the same gene pool.

There was even this funny "Sarah Palin baby name generator" internet game during the election:  You put in your own name, and if you had been born to Sarah Palin, you would be____.  I can't remember mine, but it was funny.

5. livelonger profile image96
    livelongerposted 8 years ago

That was Trigg. (seriously!)

6. LondonGirl profile image84

The mind boggles.

7. LondonGirl profile image84

She herself had such a nice, normal name. Not a drug-induced frenzy, a port city in England, or what you use to fire a gun with.

8. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 8 years ago

http://politsk.blogspot.com/2008/09/sarah_13.html

See for fun!  smile

Oh, yeah, my name if I'd been born to Sarah Palin would have been:  Package Wichita Palin

9. LondonGirl profile image84

Mine would be "Falter Locust Palin" and OH's "Ammo Canal Palin". I think we'll stick with our real names (-:

10. Aya Katz profile image84
    Aya Katzposted 8 years ago

LondonGirl, from what I can tell your child's real name is "He will laugh".

Do you think choosing a name in a language you don't understand exempts you from being judged on its meaning?

1. profile image0

Hmmm?  What?

Is this partisanship again?  My sister named her kids Graff & Grange--and I laugh at that, even if she & her husband are Independents!  lol

11. LondonGirl profile image84

No. I do understand the meaning of it, and it's entirely appropriate to him. My other half is a native Hebrew speaker, as is Isaac.

But it's also an established name, that won't make him look just silly. Unlike Trigg or Tripp or whatever. Its meaning has been, to a large extent, subsumed in the name-ness of it.

12. LondonGirl profile image84

I do speak some Hebrew - albeit slightly less than a 3.5 year old's level (-:

13. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 8 years ago

Yes, and my name is Latin, but I've found a few Danish women with that name, too...

(It's partisanship.)

14. Aya Katz profile image84
    Aya Katzposted 8 years ago

What you're really saying is that it's okay because it's unoriginal and opaque. 

Let's just remember that every name was original and new and fresh once, even those that seem stale and therefore safe now,  If someone long ago had not dared to name his son for his laughter, you'd have no name to give to your son today.

1. profile image0

As a poet, I would say there are some names and phenomes that are more lyrical and fresh than others.  Some a little more silly!  But I'm sure I don't need to tell you that.

2. LondonGirl profile image84
      LondonGirlposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Pretty much, yes. Unoriginal is pretty good in name terms, I reckon.  And he's named after his grandfather as well (-:

1. profile image0

What I wonder is why she directly picked out you here?  Is it the kid in the photo again?

So weird.

15. LondonGirl profile image84

S'OK, doesn't bother me.

working