This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

What have you changed your mind about?

1. profile image53
    AnalogousMethodposted 4 years ago

What is some political position you have changed your mind about because of a discussion you had with someone else?

For me, I would say stimulus spending. I used to think that it was ok, but I have come to realize that stimulus spending can't be used because our government has shown they will not use it properly or responsibly.

1. John Holden profile image60
      John Holdenposted 4 years agoin reply to this

CPR is wrong because somebody who did not know what they were doing killed somebody!

2. profile image0
      Beth37posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Oh my goodness, I think this is such a great premise for a thread, but does it have to be political only?

3. MelissaBarrett profile image60
      MelissaBarrettposted 4 years agoin reply to this

A poster on these forums (who has since deleted his account) was very pro-gun. I was very anti-gun. While I still lean towards gun-control, I am far more moderate. He made good points... when he wasn't being a defensive arse.

I miss him muchly.

1. profile image0

That's awesome.

2. profile image0
    Beth37posted 4 years ago

Wait, never mind. My answer is political. When I was very young I would have thought voting republican was the best choice, but now I am much more open minded to voting for the best person for the job as opposed to their affiliation. It's a very simple notion, I know, but as we age, we mature... hopefully. smile

1. Tbland profile image60
      Tblandposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I was a lot more liberal when I was younger following family tradition. But I have become more conservative as I get older and as I watch this country spiral out of control. It's not just politics either, look at the entertain world, the sub-standard schools. We have more tech than we can teach people how to use it...But that's just me.

1. profile image0

That's why I love the idea for this thread. In time, we usually change for the better (hopefully) and personal growth is such an interesting topic... especially b/c it takes humility to say, "I was wrong, but I'm learning."

working